Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats Draft Needs

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't follow the bobcats that much but IMO Demar DeRozan looks like a player that the Bobcats foolishly passed on a few years back...Rudy Gay. I think Mullens is going to be a bust unless you just want a run of the mill big man in the NBA. So if the Bobcats are lucky enough to get DeRozan between 5 and 12 they should take him. If they can't get him then I would start looking at Tyreke Evans. Steph Curry to me is not worth a pick in the lottery...I just don't see him being anymore than a Daniel Gibson/Steve Kerr type role player.

Posted

I don't follow the bobcats that much but IMO Demar DeRozan looks like a player that the Bobcats foolishly passed on a few years back...Rudy Gay. I think Mullens is going to be a bust unless you just want a run of the mill big man in the NBA. So if the Bobcats are lucky enough to get DeRozan between 5 and 12 they should take him. If they can't get him then I would start looking at Tyreke Evans. Steph Curry to me is not worth a pick in the lottery...I just don't see him being anymore than a Daniel Gibson/Steve Kerr type role player.

i agree...especially about curry, im not sold on him yet as a lottery pick. also, ESPN's mock draft has either tyreke evans or demar rozan available when we pick, so hopefully one will be available.

Posted

i agree...especially about curry, im not sold on him yet as a lottery pick. also, ESPN's mock draft has either tyreke evans or demar rozan available when we pick, so hopefully one will be available.

This franchise has realllly lacked superstar appeal that other franchises have to sell tickets. They have always seemed like a lunch pail type of team (not a bad thing). DeRozan or Evans would bring instant appeal from the fans because they were both considered HS --> Pro prospects if the NBA hadn't had a rule in place. Elite athleticism in the neighborhood of a Dwayne Wade for DeRozan and elite scorer when you talk about Evans...Both would be a huge boost for the Bobcats. My personal preference is DeRozan b/c I feel like he has more upside with his athleticism but that is just me..

Posted

wayne 'the rain' ellington! if he comes out...

Posted

wayne 'the rain' ellington! if he comes out...

No way in hell. This would be the worst pick.

Posted

Rozen would be the perfect pick, unless we luck out and get the 1 so we can take Griffin. I don't like Dook or Henderson, but I think he has good upside and the athleticism to be a pretty good pro.

Posted

Evans is ideal at 12 but he wont fall so either one of these shooting guards....

compares to Jason Richardson with defense

[ame]

[/ame]

or

Andre Iguodala/Gerald Wallace with a mean streak