Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do we keep buying from them again?

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Even the essentials are cheaper there...Go to bi-lo, harris teeter, or any other store of choice and buy your weekly groceries...Next time try the same experiment with Wal-mart and see if there's a difference. I've done it, and it's significant.

Yeah, but do you really need that five gallon bucket of Mayo?

Posted · Report post

some families may...me, no!

Posted · Report post

I see a direct correlation with lower income families, the majority of which are overweight or obese, and the need to shop at wal mart for the huge amount of crap they feed their families.

Shop at Bi-Lo or teeter, buy less, eat less, be healthier, drop my insurance costs.

Posted · Report post

I see a direct correlation with lower income families, the majority of which are overweight or obese, and the need to shop at wal mart for the huge amount of crap they feed their families.

Shop at Bi-Lo or teeter, buy less, eat less, be healthier, drop my insurance costs.

Why pay more for the same good? I guess I'm not rich enough to be able to do that.

Posted · Report post

If I shop at costco and buy a months worth of grocerys, putting most of them in a freezer until needed, and it costs me the same as buying a weeks worth of grocerys at Harris Teeter.....am I a bad fat person?

Posted · Report post

My wife doesn't buy 5 gallons of Mayo, but she does buy 50 lbs of rice, 30 lbs of laundry detergent, a 6 months supply of TP from Sam's Club. She will not shop at Walmart though. Hates the crowds.

Posted · Report post

Even the essentials are cheaper there...Go to bi-lo, harris teeter, or any other store of choice and buy your weekly groceries...Next time try the same experiment with Wal-mart and see if there's a difference. I've done it, and it's significant.

you just answered your OP.

Posted · Report post

Walmarts meat and produce are horrible. that's enough to justify not buying groceries there.

Posted · Report post

Walmarts meat and produce are horrible. that's enough to justify not buying groceries there.

agreed. Good meat and produce are worth the money.

Posted · Report post

As a retailer I see plenty of customers determined not to buy the "cheap Chinese crap." That is, until they realize they'll have to pay 20-40% more to avoid it.

Posted · Report post

you just answered your OP.

Seriously, that little exchange with himself was hilarious.

Posted · Report post

Couldn't agree more...We never buy meats and produce from there.