Photo
- - - - -

Why do we keep buying from them again?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

I see a direct correlation with lower income families, the majority of which are overweight or obese, and the need to shop at wal mart for the huge amount of crap they feed their families.

Shop at Bi-Lo or teeter, buy less, eat less, be healthier, drop my insurance costs.

Why pay more for the same good? I guess I'm not rich enough to be able to do that.

#17 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

I see a direct correlation with lower income families, the majority of which are overweight or obese, and the need to shop at wal mart for the huge amount of crap they feed their families.

Shop at Bi-Lo or teeter, buy less, eat less, be healthier, drop my insurance costs.

If I shop at costco and buy a months worth of grocerys, putting most of them in a freezer until needed, and it costs me the same as buying a weeks worth of grocerys at Harris Teeter.....am I a bad fat person?

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, but do you really need that five gallon bucket of Mayo?

My wife doesn't buy 5 gallons of Mayo, but she does buy 50 lbs of rice, 30 lbs of laundry detergent, a 6 months supply of TP from Sam's Club. She will not shop at Walmart though. Hates the crowds.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Even the essentials are cheaper there...Go to bi-lo, harris teeter, or any other store of choice and buy your weekly groceries...Next time try the same experiment with Wal-mart and see if there's a difference. I've done it, and it's significant.

you just answered your OP.

#20 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

Walmarts meat and produce are horrible. that's enough to justify not buying groceries there.

#21 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Walmarts meat and produce are horrible. that's enough to justify not buying groceries there.

agreed. Good meat and produce are worth the money.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

As a retailer I see plenty of customers determined not to buy the "cheap Chinese crap." That is, until they realize they'll have to pay 20-40% more to avoid it.

#23 panther2k

panther2k

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

you just answered your OP.

Seriously, that little exchange with himself was hilarious.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

Couldn't agree more...We never buy meats and produce from there.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

Well, their prepackaged meats are ok (such as sandwich meat). I agree though that the beef and chicken, and the fresh produce is usually not so good. Around here, Lowes has the best quality in meat and produce.

#26 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

In my business, at least, the reason why we keep buying foreign-made products is because the American consumer just isn't willing to pay for domestically manufactured products. It's as simple as that. We're tightwads.

Oh, and Walmart meats and produce are horrible...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com