• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Just have to say how much Chud and Cam have made such a big difference in our offense this year. I never thought I'd see the day where we'd have a QB that is able to overthrow Steve Smith and actually able to let 89 fly instead of having to make him stop and turn around to make a miraculous catch.

Finally our offense doesn't have to compensate for a lack of good QB play. For years we have seen how much talent this offense has had only for it to be wasted, but not anymore. This offense is capable of blowing out anybody!

For once we are actually going to convert 3rd and short 90% of the time.

For once(in about a decade or so) we have not 1 but 2 tight ends capable of making the defense pay and those guys are so exciting to watch.

All the offense needs going into next season is to solidify the offensive line and bring in maybe 1 decent reliable WR and we should be golden.

#2 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

lovin it.. couldn't be more thrilled to see a legit offense on the field..

#3 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Just have to say how much Chud and Cam have made such a big difference in our offense this year. I never thought I'd see the day where we'd have a QB that is able to overthrow Steve Smith and actually able to let 89 fly instead of having to make him stop and turn around to make a miraculous catch.

Finally our offense doesn't have to compensate for a lack of good QB play. For years we have seen how much talent this offense has had only for it to be wasted, but not anymore. This offense is capable of blowing out anybody!

For once(in about a decade or so) we have not 1 but 2 tight ends capable of making the defense pay and those guys are so exciting to watch.

All the offense needs going into next season is to solidify the offensive line and bring in maybe 1 decent reliable WR and we should be golden.

he still does this pretty often.

#4 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

there is a difference between trying to throw short and unable to throw long...

#5 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Just imagine when we get David Gettis back. His speed is gonna do wonders in this offense.

#6 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

there is a difference between trying to throw short and unable to throw long...

?

i'm saying cam's ball placement could be better (jake's too). i hardly ever get to see steve smith catch balls in stride. when he does it's most likely a TD or 50 yard gain.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

i think it's an offense that teams are going to try to emulate.

#8 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

?

i'm saying cam's ball placement could be better (jake's too). i hardly ever get to see steve smith catch balls in stride. when he does it's most likely a TD or 50 yard gain.

You don't often get to see any receiver catch a ball in stride, because most plays call for curls, outs, or for the receiver to find a soft spot in zone coverage and sit.

Cam's hit Smitty in stride on a lot of throws this year, I even diagrammed one against Indy. He had a sweet one against Houston for 22 yards, and the Td throw to Smitty was in stride as well.

#9 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

You don't often get to see any receiver catch a ball in stride, because most plays call for curls, outs, or for the receiver to find a soft spot in zone coverage and sit.

Cam's hit Smitty in stride on a lot of throws this year, I even diagrammed one against Indy. He had a sweet one against Houston for 22 yards, and the Td throw to Smitty was in stride as well.

obviously i'm not considering curl routes and such as poorly thrown balls. i seem to remember, more often than not, smith having to leap incredibly high/turn around/stop/etc. in order to catch some of the balls that COULD HAVE been placed better.

#10 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

It's happened a couple of times (vs Bears tackled at the 1 and another game, I forget which, where almost the exact same thing happened) but he's leading him properly on the plays that call for it far more than underthrowing and making Smitty come back to the ball. More often than not, the throws that come up a bit short he's running backwards to avoid pressure and throwing off his back foot because setting his feet for the throw would result in a sack.

A good example of his good placement is the throw to Lafell last week, any shorter or lower and that ball gets picked. Placed it perfectly so only Lafell could catch it and keep going.

#11 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

I think we should start Clausen this week to see if it our offensive success is more because of Chud or Newton.

#12 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

obviously i'm not considering curl routes and such as poorly thrown balls. i seem to remember, more often than not, smith having to leap incredibly high/turn around/stop/etc. in order to catch some of the balls that COULD HAVE been placed better.

when Cam leads the league (by a great amount) in passes over 20+ yards, I think he's doing okay.. regardless of what you do or do not remember..

#13 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I already can't wait for next season.. if we somehow get everyone healed up, get some decent draft picks, we will be kicking ass and taking names next September.

#14 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

?

I would say that Cam's accuracy and decision making is quickly approaching Delhomme in his prime. He's already better than post-surgery delhomme.

#15 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,195 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Just want to say, I rooted for this team from day one. I rooted for this team harder than I did my own. Part was because of Cam and part was because I have a real soft spot for under-dog teams.

I am a bit disappointed because as the weeks went by, all I kept praying for was your defense to wake up. Every game that was played could have been yours had the defense held off the opposing team here or there or a few lucky breaks went the Panthers way.

Anyway, I do feel your offense kept your season relevant and fun to watch. I pray that they just simply gel more season after season and the same with your defense.

I'm hopefully optomistic that this team will either make the play off or at least be a wild card next season. You cannot keep throwing away games because the road to the SB will get more narrow everytime you have to re-group and re-adjust year in and out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com