Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Book of Enoch

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Can you really equate the Taliban with Christianity?

Why would I equate a political group with a religion?

And what legislation did bush get passed that was biblical or Christian?

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Posted

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others? Believe or don't, but why question what others believe? Until people stop trying to make everybody think the same things and think the same ways. We will always have wars. You don't believe and that's fine, so move on nothing to see here...

Like I said, if you want to believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and died for our sins, fine. I am not questioning that. What I am questioning is the Bible. People live their lives to the letter of this thing when history shows us it was written by man, edited by man, re-edited by man, translated about 100 times by man.....people are going to start figuring this out and the Church better have answers for them when they do.

Posted

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

All noble causes...So now it's a good belief system that Saddam was OK and should've been left alone, that Israel doesn't deserve security and neither does Palestine, and that we should've never gone into Afghanistan?

Posted

Once again, the point goes a zillion miles over your head.

Posted

Purely political quotes. Very little of what he did was based on religious beliefs, even if you take his stated beliefs at face value.

Posted

Religious beliefs? Secular governments.

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

Don't agree with any comparison of the Taliban with mainstream christianity. Thats like comparing Nazi's to Democrats. BTW, Our previous administration was executive, not legislative. But regardless, any group that that legislates does so based on their beliefs, be they religious or otherwise.

The group in charge right now believes that we can use government spending to get out of the recession. There are many who believe that this group's beliefs are far more detrimental to the long term health of our nation than any social conservative legislation that has been introduced.

Posted

Don't agree with any comparison of the Taliban with mainstream christianity.

Who did that?

Posted

Purely political quotes. Very little of what he did was based on religious beliefs, even if you take his stated beliefs at face value.

Yeah, lets not believe what comes out of his own mouth if it hurts your argument.

Posted

Yeah, lets not believe what comes out of his own mouth if it hurts your argument.

He is a politician. He says things for political purposes. So does Obama. Its the nature of the beast. Bush wants to appeal to religious supporters, Obama wants to appeal to commies. :)

Posted

Who did that?

You did.

Posted

He is a politician. He says things for political purposes. So does Obama. Its the nature of the beast. Bush wants to appeal to religious supporters, Obama wants to appeal to commies. :)

Commies and homos. Comos.

Posted

Fundamentalists usually miss the point of the stories in the Bible. Jesus died as atonement for all the stupid poo your going to do in your life. Humans are morons, that's just the way it goes. However, if God is constantly forcing you not to be a moron, the nature of free will doesn't exactly work. So by providing forgiveness through the death of Jesus Christ, free will becomes the dominant theological philosophy for people to live by. Which means, of course, that you can and have to think for yourself.

Which is an activity that people have a fantastic track record of...

As for the missing books in the Bible, that again is a failing of man. Because of the idea of free will, we're allowed to put in and take out whatever we want and sell it to one another (Paul started that trend). It is a remarkably self imposed test of faith, the battle of what do you believe vs. what are you told. Again, forcing you to think for yourself (in theory).

Which is an activity that people have a fantastic track record of...