Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Book of Enoch

79 posts in this topic

Posted

There were books that were originally in the Bible but were taken out? For God's sake, how can people live their whole lives based on this stuff? How do you know what's real and what's not?

/watching a special about it now on History Channel

to be real with you I don’t like to anymore talk to people about my faith..because people just end up fighting...but to be real i don’t put a lot of stock in to what people say in general it has been my experience in life that people are stupid and put way to much stock into what other people think..i am Christian and put more faith into god than what so called experts say…I believe that the overall message of the bible has not changed over time..and the believe is that if you have a personal relationship with god than he will tell you all you need to know..not what we want to know..

Posted

Other than the facts that they are a big demographic, are incredibly easy to make feel threatened, post here regularly, and their beliefs are easy to refute with readily available information?

:crazy:

CWG. Your last few months should have opened your eyes some. Apparently not.

Time my friend. Time.

Things are easily refuted on cheesy message boards. I have said it a gazillion times, these chats are useless.

I will chime in when I think something is being misrepresented via scriptures or some other areas. But as for religion, I'm totally glad people are turned off by it. So was Jesus.

Once people can put religion to the side and focus on his life and their own, THEN you got something to work with.

Also. I don't believe in verbal rat a tat and slick cut and pastes and quoting various authors will do the trick to "convert" someone.

The only way you can reach an atheist or agnostic etc is love them. Thats it.

Not facts and data and historical manuscripts. Sure those may help or act as a barometer but at the end of the day its what someone can do for someone else.

The more so called christians admit it when the blow it, stop being self righteous and be willing to listen and see past themselves I think they are better for it.

Now there is no pursuit here on making christianity cool or hip. Constatine tried and it didn't work out to well in early AD and it ain't working today.

Jesus was a rebel. He hung out with the fringe and he made time for anyone in his path. That is what I try to imitate as well. I don't always do a good job but all I can do is get back up and try again the next day.

:grouphug:

Posted

You and I are in complete agreement - but without someone to call out organized religions obvious shortcomings, people will just pretend they don't exist, then accept the bs as truth, and keep passing it on as such. How do you think Christianity got so big in the first place? Small villages of mostly illiterate peasants, told by a central church that their reward was in heaven while serving the local landowners and government, grew and expanded - and the religious message was able to adopt successfully, until mass book and newspaper publishing, along with generally available public schooling, provided alternate means of providing different views to the masses.

If Jesus was kind of a rebel and was turned off by organized religion, maybe we have more in common than others might here. Heck, maybe I am the second coming and don't know it yet....

Posted

I rather like Thomas Jefferson's Bible. Moral teachings we all can agree too, without the hocus pocus.

Posted

Jesus was a rebel. He hung out with the fringe and he made time for anyone in his path.

Now thats a movement I can get behind!

Posted

I rather like Thomas Jefferson's Bible. Moral teachings we all can agree too, without the hocus pocus.

What did it say about slave sex?

Posted

mmm mmm good