The Book of Enoch

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:52 PM

ok, so not sure why anyone gets wrapped up in this...doesn't the end of John 8 kinda answer this?

You know of someone that won't taste death?

(speaking of Enoch)

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,865 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

The Star Wars books flow together really well too. Best part is, I don't have to believe they happened to enjoy them.

kevin j anderson was poo

#18 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,925 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:38 AM

There were books that were originally in the Bible but were taken out? For God's sake, how can people live their whole lives based on this stuff? How do you know what's real and what's not?

/watching a special about it now on History Channel

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others? Believe or don't, but why question what others believe? Until people stop trying to make everybody think the same things and think the same ways. We will always have wars. You don't believe and that's fine, so move on nothing to see here...

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

How did that happen?

Picking and choosing.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others?

Only when people feel this country should legislate based on their own beliefs is it a problem.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

Only when people feel this country should legislate based on their own beliefs is it a problem.

Which group doesn't want to legislate based on their own beliefs?

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:22 AM

Which group doesn't want to legislate based on their own beliefs?

Religious beliefs? Secular governments.

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

#23 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

Can you really equate the Taliban with Christianity? And what legislation did bush get passed that was biblical or Christian?

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

The Star Wars books flow together really well too. Best part is, I don't have to believe they happened to enjoy them.

You read them? I don't know if I'd admit that or not.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

Can you really equate the Taliban with Christianity?

Why would I equate a political group with a religion?

And what legislation did bush get passed that was biblical or Christian?

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others? Believe or don't, but why question what others believe? Until people stop trying to make everybody think the same things and think the same ways. We will always have wars. You don't believe and that's fine, so move on nothing to see here...

Like I said, if you want to believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and died for our sins, fine. I am not questioning that. What I am questioning is the Bible. People live their lives to the letter of this thing when history shows us it was written by man, edited by man, re-edited by man, translated about 100 times by man.....people are going to start figuring this out and the Church better have answers for them when they do.

#27 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

All noble causes...So now it's a good belief system that Saddam was OK and should've been left alone, that Israel doesn't deserve security and neither does Palestine, and that we should've never gone into Afghanistan?

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

Once again, the point goes a zillion miles over your head.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

Purely political quotes. Very little of what he did was based on religious beliefs, even if you take his stated beliefs at face value.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Don't agree with any comparison of the Taliban with mainstream christianity. Thats like comparing Nazi's to Democrats. BTW, Our previous administration was executive, not legislative. But regardless, any group that that legislates does so based on their beliefs, be they religious or otherwise.

The group in charge right now believes that we can use government spending to get out of the recession. There are many who believe that this group's beliefs are far more detrimental to the long term health of our nation than any social conservative legislation that has been introduced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.