• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Don't agree with any comparison of the Taliban with mainstream christianity.

Who did that?

#32 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Purely political quotes. Very little of what he did was based on religious beliefs, even if you take his stated beliefs at face value.

Yeah, lets not believe what comes out of his own mouth if it hurts your argument.

#33 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, lets not believe what comes out of his own mouth if it hurts your argument.

He is a politician. He says things for political purposes. So does Obama. Its the nature of the beast. Bush wants to appeal to religious supporters, Obama wants to appeal to commies. :)

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Who did that?

You did.

#35 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

He is a politician. He says things for political purposes. So does Obama. Its the nature of the beast. Bush wants to appeal to religious supporters, Obama wants to appeal to commies. :)

Commies and homos. Comos.

#36 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

Fundamentalists usually miss the point of the stories in the Bible. Jesus died as atonement for all the stupid poo your going to do in your life. Humans are morons, that's just the way it goes. However, if God is constantly forcing you not to be a moron, the nature of free will doesn't exactly work. So by providing forgiveness through the death of Jesus Christ, free will becomes the dominant theological philosophy for people to live by. Which means, of course, that you can and have to think for yourself.

Which is an activity that people have a fantastic track record of...

As for the missing books in the Bible, that again is a failing of man. Because of the idea of free will, we're allowed to put in and take out whatever we want and sell it to one another (Paul started that trend). It is a remarkably self imposed test of faith, the battle of what do you believe vs. what are you told. Again, forcing you to think for yourself (in theory).

Which is an activity that people have a fantastic track record of...

#37 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

If you want to believe that Jesus is the son of God and died for our sins, fine. But to hold up this book as a be all end all (and tell gay people they can't get married because of what's in it) is kind of silly. God doesn't need editors, does he?

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this.

And totally redeem yourself!

#38 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

All noble causes...So now it's a good belief system that Saddam was OK and should've been left alone, that Israel doesn't deserve security and neither does Palestine, and that we should've never gone into Afghanistan?

Why didn't God tell George W. to liberate the North Koreans? They collectively have worse living conditions than the Iraqis under Saddam's reign. If I remember correctly, China has a longer history of human rights violations than Iraq. I guess Bush's God doesn't care about non-oil producing/Asian societies.

#39 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this.

And totally redeem yourself!

You better not be foolin'...

#40 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,794 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

You know of someone that won't taste death?

(speaking of Enoch)

doh, I meant to say John 21.

22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

24This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

25Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

You did.

Where? Your reading comprehension issue really does explain a lot!

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

Where? Your reading comprehension issue really does explain a lot!

Free dictionary assistance at dictionary.com. Perhaps you should try it.

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

Comparison - the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both, as the likening of a hero to a lion in courage.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:04 AM

Free dictionary assistance at dictionary.com. Perhaps you should try it.

Comparison - the considering of two things with regard to some characteristic that is common to both, as the likening of a hero to a lion in courage.

lol

so tell me where I compared Christianity to the Taliban. Should be easy to do no? A simple quote would work.

#44 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

Believe in God in spite of the Bible not because of it.

The Bible is little more than a series of parables and fairy tails. The older I get the more I become convinced that the stories of Moses parting the Red Sea, Jesus feeding the masses with a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish, and all of the rest of the miracles are like any other event that someone experienced. It grows with the telling to be more grand and exciting with each new telling. Its a book written, edited, and rewritten by people with a political agenda.

Any Christian who predicates their belief solely on the Bible and whats written there has missed the point...

#45 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

The older I get the more I believe religion is nothing more than a tool used to control society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.