Photo
- - - - -

The Book of Enoch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#51 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

Ok, so you compared the Taliban (a group supported by Islamic extremist) to the Bush admin (which won based in no small part due to support from mainstream christians). Given your past disdain for the religious element that supported the Bush administration, the implications are obvious.

Doesn't really matter though. There are no similarities between the Taliban and the Bush administration either. During 8 years of the Bush administration, no one was ever forced to live their life by biblical principals, nor were any laws based on Christianity adopted by the Federal government.

That doesn't mean the Bush administration didn't try. It just means they didn't succeed.

The conservative party is slowly becoming analogous to the religious right.

#52 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

I have no qualms with Christians, Catholics, or any other religions, so long as there is a complete separation of church and state. Don't legislate prayer in schools, but don't punish those who do pray, either. Don't say gay people can't marry because it's in this book that has been re-edited a million times. Don't impose anything that your "good book" says on me simply because it's in your good book.

#53 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

That doesn't mean the Bush administration didn't try. It just means they didn't succeed.

The conservative party is slowly becoming analogous to the religious right.

Eh, nevermind. I am in Baton Rouge, getting ready to head back to NC, and don't have time to continue the discussion.

Just suffice to say that it seems that to many are willing to blame religion for the evils in the world, when the real culprit is man himself.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 13 April 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#54 Inimicus

Inimicus

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:46 AM

I have no qualms with Christians, Catholics, or any other religions, so long as there is a complete separation of church and state. Don't legislate prayer in schools, but don't punish those who do pray, either. Don't say gay people can't marry because it's in this book that has been re-edited a million times. Don't impose anything that your "good book" says on me simply because it's in your good book.

Hear hear!

or

QFT if you prefer.

#55 Inimicus

Inimicus

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Show me some instance in which they tried.

Prayer in school, Faith Based Initiatives that funnel funds to religious organizations to provide the social safety net, protection of marriage act...

Come to mind right off the top of my head.

#56 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:21 AM

Nah, admit it ... you just don't like Christians. We've seen you take swipes that have absolutely nothing to do with politics or legislating.

Nah, not the case at all. Some of the people closest to me are Christians, despite your small minded assessment.

#57 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Ok, so you compared the Taliban (a group supported by Islamic extremist) to the Bush admin (which won based in no small part due to support from mainstream christians).

Yes, now you are catching on, finally.

I compared two political powers in control of their country that both used religion to justify their actions.

#58 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

What will be said in the pulpits when the aliens land???

#59 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

What will be said in the pulpits when the aliens land???

The angels are upon us.

#60 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

I can't wait for the collection plates to come out for the first missionary trip to &*(^W$HGDW*