Photo
- - - - -

Racist picture on the Observer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
114 replies to this topic

#106 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Posted Image

http://www.charlotte...is-year-in.html
You be the judge?
:mad2:

We put that in just for you JT. Thanks for your reaction.

#107 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Racist!? Check this out.

#108 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

you know what with all the people going crazy with the illumanati stuff latley and how the world is supposed to end in 2012............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not. ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not ............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not............the picture might be racist..................then again it might not.........................................................................................................................................................you know what...................... just forget!

#109 Get_on_my_horse

Get_on_my_horse

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Top banana means he's the best, which he isn't. Well maybe in Charlotte.

Get over it. People today crying about slavery is like Christians crying about their mistreatment from the Romans. Come on, stop living in the past.

Edited by Get_on_my_horse, 01 January 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#110 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm a fairly young white male and I understand some of the frustrations of feeling like you are being persecuted for the sins of our grandfathers and ancestors.

But I find it pretty naive and ignorant to tell black people to "move on" or "don't be so sensitive". OF course they are sensitive about it!

Think about it like this. It is like you are walking into a parking garage with a woman who was raped in a parking garage and telling her "Why are you so sensitive about parking garages?? You got raped a long time ago. Get over it. Move on. Most parking garages don't even have rapists in them so why do you hate parking garages so much??"

People who have never had to experience what others experience on a day to day basis should not tell those people how they should feel.

Last thing and I will get off my soap box. I played basketball all the way through college and have had numerous friends/teammates that were black. In college we were all 18-22 years old and every one of my black teammates had a story about how racism had effected them negatively at some point in their young (at that point) lives. When you have to deal with some of the things they have had to deal with being sensitive is understandable.

I think we have come a long way in 40 years or so, but we still have work to do. This could mean "Top Banana"--which is how I took it.

#111 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

These threads that have been leaking into this forum have been awful lately

#112 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

I think whites are discriminated against in sports, even by white coaches, due to stereotyping. White kids playing RB are moved to LB, TEs become OL. By the time they get to high school ball, everybody is in his place, put there by community coaches volunteering to make sure their sons see the field and have no more expertise at coaching football than I do running a 7-11. You have to really prove you are the exception to win a job at a skill position in football. Yes, black athletes earned the reputation and have the skill set to warrant the label, but it is not discrimination when the roles are reversed. I played TE, ran a 4.7 40 in college and led the state in receiving as a TE in high school. I had to beat out a black kid (my best friend) to even get on the field. My coach, a white man, refused to play me in front of the friend I was outperforming. Eventually, I won the job and got a scholarship, but it was never a fair process. You cannot easily change the way people think. (The friend went to Wake Forest on a scholarship and played DT).

Now, if that is my experience on the football field and it made me feel frustrated, imagine how my friend feels in every other walk of life. He has to prove himself in order to step out of his stereotype when he buys a car or home, applies for a job, makes friends, etc. I get it because sports is that way for whites. Maybe that is a good thing from that respect. This is why I love to see Peyton Hillis run for 100 yards or Wes Welker go to the pro bowl. It is also why I get a kick out of Cam's progress. I was probably against drafting him because I FEARED he would not fit the mold of the NFL, probably because he was black in part. That is not racist, that is history. Black QBs with his skill set have not fared well. It is exciting to see him break that mold. Does that mean coaches and GMs will go after RGIII with more confidence? Yes, it does. Does that mean RGIII will avoid the pitfalls other black NFL qbs fell into? No.

I invest money, and I discriminate before I buy stock. I compare characteristics to other companies with similar business models and anticipate success that way. These players are investments, not people with rights. They are prodded, poked, interviewed, and scritinized in every way. Sometimes labels and history works to the benefit of the player and they are given more credit than they deserve because they remind the talent evaluators of someone else, and there are times when it hurts them. That is the nature of investing--comparisons and history is all you have to go on.

#113 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

#114 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

HUDDLER

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Knock it off already, both of you. Top Banana is an expression for being the best, and playing on the fact that chiquita is relocating to charlotte. To drag historical context and monkeys into this is so far out there its almost unimaginable, but intertubes will connect I guess.

yeah it's totally "unimaginable" to consider historical context

brb i'm gonna go make a cam newton highlight tape with "dixie" as the music because i mean he plays in the south so it would be unimaginable to "drag historical context" into it

#115 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Dear God...

Make it stop.