Photo
- - - - -

After watching John Wall last night

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#1 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

I take back everything I said...I want that kid in CH, if even for a season. What a freak! Make it happen Roy!

#2 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

I take back everything I said...I want that kid in CH, if even for a season. What a freak! Make it happen Roy!

I with you man. I have two friends in the triangle that have seen him play in person and were in awe.

No disrespect to Duke or UK but I truley believe his decision will be determined by whether or not Ty Lawson goes to the NBA. Ty leaves, he's coming to UNC but if for some reason Ty comes back then Carolina makes no since for Wall and he chooses UK or Duke.

Just call it a hunch.

#3 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Of course, it's a desperate act by Coach K if he recruits Wall, but great work by Roy if Wall chooses Carolina.

Whatever.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

There is a whole thread on this already...

But his decision isn't going to be based on Ty Lawson...I know that much.

#5 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

Where did u see Wall play?

I noticed he did not play in the McDonalds All-American game....I wonder why???

#6 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:04 AM

Really? After you trashed Coach K and Duke for taking an interest to him. You have really lost all credibility on here. If i didn't like someone to go to Duke i would say and not back down if they went there. Everything you say is poo. Not to mention you had to start your own thread to spew your poo. Why not post it in the John Wall thread like everyone else?

#7 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

I fuging love Carolina fans!

#8 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

[quote name='unicar15']There is a whole thread on this already...

But his decision isn't going to be based on Ty Lawson...I know that much.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think this?

#9 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

[quote name='DWill'][quote name='unicar15']There is a whole thread on this already...

But his decision isn't going to be based on Ty Lawson...I know that much.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think this?[/quote]

Because there are a million other reasons to pick or not pick UNC other than Ty Lawson. To say that if Lawson is gone then Wall is going to UNC is extremely misinformed.

This is how the game is played...I wouldn't be surprised if Roy doesn't even offer Wall before Wall makes his decision. At the Hoops summit he said that he would cut his list to 2 or 3 for the Jordan game. Then he said that he would try to make his decision a week after the Jordan game...That gives Roy 2 weeks to court, inform, and offer Wall. Not to mention UK, NCSU, and Duke (to a lesser extent) have been on him for the last 2 years (not Duke).

Also...there is trouble brewing in the Larry Drew camp. Apparently he and his dad are prettttty pissed that Roy is thinking of going after Wall after Drew just sat the bench the whole year in anticipation of getting a chance to play. It is just turning into a sticky situation with Wall in Chapel Hill and I think that Walls "advisors" will do everything possible to keep him out of the drama that could unfold.

Not to mention there was a huge deal made about Roy flying all the way to Iowa and then to Memphis to talk to Harrison Barnes and Casey Prather but no mention of him sitting down with John Wall. Its either going to come down to Wall realizing that waiting for UNC is stupid or Roy realizing that he is risking his fool-proof formula in order to go after a one and done.

THAT is why its not going to come down to Ty Lawsons decision..

#10 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

[quote name='unicar15'][quote name='DWill']

Because there are a million other reasons to pick or not pick UNC other than Ty Lawson. To say that if Lawson is gone then Wall is going to UNC is extremely misinformed.

This is how the game is played...I wouldn't be surprised if Roy doesn't even offer Wall before Wall makes his decision. At the Hoops summit he said that he would cut his list to 2 or 3 for the Jordan game. Then he said that he would try to make his decision a week after the Jordan game...That gives Roy 2 weeks to court, inform, and offer Wall. Not to mention UK, NCSU, and Duke (to a lesser extent) have been on him for the last 2 years (not Duke).

Also...there is trouble brewing in the Larry Drew camp. Apparently he and his dad are prettttty pissed that Roy is thinking of going after Wall after Drew just sat the bench the whole year in anticipation of getting a chance to play. It is just turning into a sticky situation with Wall in Chapel Hill and I think that Walls "advisors" will do everything possible to keep him out of the drama that could unfold.

Not to mention there was a huge deal made about Roy flying all the way to Iowa and then to Memphis to talk to Harrison Barnes and Casey Prather but no mention of him sitting down with John Wall. Its either going to come down to Wall realizing that waiting for UNC is stupid or Roy realizing that he is risking his fool-proof formula in order to go after a one and done.

THAT is why its not going to come down to Ty Lawsons decision..[/quote]

I certainly don't pretend to be as involved with college recruiting as you seem to be, nor do I want to be so I won't argue because you do make some good points. Plus I did say Wall making his decision based on Ty's staying or leaving is only a hunch, just my opinion. Anyway, thanks for the info and I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, what did you mean by Roy's fool proof formula.

#11 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

[quote name='DWill'][quote name='unicar15']

I certainly don't pretend to be as involved with college recruiting as you seem to be, nor do I want to be so I won't argue because you do make some good points. Plus I did say Wall making his decision based on Ty's staying or leaving is only a hunch, just my opinion. Anyway, thanks for the info and I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

By the way, what did you mean by Roy's fool proof formula.[/quote]

Meaning he will have a legit title contender once every four years and if he went out and recruited Wall for one year as opposed to sticking it out with Larry Drew it could hurt him in the long run. Idk just my observation...He's not in a good position to bring Wall in from a PR standpoint because then the next MCDs AA that comes along that needs until his Junior year to develop (a la Felton, Lawson, maybe Strickland) will say thanks but no thanks because he knows he could just get replaced by a one and doner that catches Roys eye.

K is not in that situation because Nolan Smith has had 2 years to prove he can play PG at an elite level and he hasn't done it...

Sid Lowe is obviously not in that position...

Calipari is not in that position because its a whole new team anyways

Roy is the only one with the dilemma of demoting a highly touted player to make room for a more highly touted player...Doesn't look good. And when recruiting is all about connections and who you know, losing the Atlanta area would not be good for business. Remember that Drew Sr. is an assistant with the Atlanta Hawks and is pretty influential out in California too.

#12 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

bottom line Wall is not going anywhere that he will not be able to be the Superstar....Whether this is Carolina, Duke, NCSU, Baylor, Kansas, or Kentucky. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want anybody change his style of play. Coach K and Roy Williams have said in and usually recruit "team" players first, and try to stay away from "star" players......There were reasons why neither team really went too hard on Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc......They just did not fit the "team" Player role like the others those teams had recruited.

#13 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

bottom line Wall is not going anywhere that he will not be able to be the Superstar....Whether this is Carolina, Duke, NCSU, Baylor, Kansas, or Kentucky. He wants to be the guy and doesn't want anybody change his style of play. Coach K and Roy Williams have said in and usually recruit "team" players first, and try to stay away from "star" players......There were reasons why neither team really went too hard on Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, etc......They just did not fit the "team" Player role like the others those teams had recruited.

What do Derrick Rose and Beasley have in common? No titles.

#14 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:10 AM

I mostly agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved.

Edited by unicar15, 13 April 2009 - 12:42 PM.

#15 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

I mostly agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved. And...Roy Williams didn't go after Rose because he had Ty Lawson and didn't go after Beasley because he had Hansbrough. Not to mention nobody really "went after" Beasley because he was just following around coaches that he knew...his recruitment never really opened up.

Edited by unicar15, 13 April 2009 - 12:42 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com