Photo
- - - - -

Burn the books!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#16 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

For the love of all...

Disagree all you want with his policy. The day you start spouting off racist comments is the day you'll be labeled a racist....sheesh

Honky!!! :willy_nilly:

#17 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

Honky!!! :willy_nilly:

back to stormfront with you! :dupe:

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

I am a honky. It's racial, but not derogatory. A black guy belittling a white guy because of his skin color really does not pull much weight wihout, say, centuries of slavery and oppression to back it up.

#19 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

I am a honky. It's racial, but not derogatory. A black guy belittling a white guy because of his skin color really does not pull much weight wihout, say, centuries of slavery and oppression to back it up.

So we can belittle based upon skin color as long as there is no history of slavery and oppression?

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Works for me.

As a white guy who has seen niggers (slavery, oppression), micks (indentured servitude, ghettos), wops (same), gooks (i.e. Communists), slanteyes (subhuman railroad labor), snail eaters (hey, the french are good for a laugh anytime), wetbacks (ongoing issue), and dozens of other terms come and go, that is.

#21 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

That's bullsh*t you Cracker ( :D ). I don't know one person who has owned a slave, do you? I am not part of the "centuries" of slavery and oppression. A black person (or Native American as demonstrated in this thread) calling a white person a cracker, honky, or whitey is just as racist as a white person calling a black person something derogatory. All I am saying.... the double standard is a joke.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 13 April 2009 - 03:04 PM.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

It's not about what you think personally - it's about what the term implies. All those terms can be directly related to times where those events happened. Tell me when "Honky" was a term used for people that were beneath the people in control based on race or ethnicity.

Cracker, thats pretty out there for me. Honky at least sounds like nerd or something.

#23 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

It's not about what you think personally - it's about what the term implies. All those terms can be directly related to times where those events happened. Tell me when "Honky" was a term used for people that were beneath the people in control based on race or ethnicity.

Cracker, thats pretty out there for me. Honky at least sounds like nerd or something.

Offending a person (I'm not at all offended mind you, I'm just pointing something out in this thread) is all about what that person thinks personally. Somebody normally takes offense because they felt threatened, hurt, or wronged. You think Jesse or Al care about what a term implies?

As far as honky, that term is used as a derogatory term 99% of the time. I'm sure when ItsGonnaBeAlright said

Wait...I'm Native American. F*ck the honky.

, he or she meant it as a term of endearment.

#24 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Actually I just use racist terms because I think they are hillarious. People getting so bent out of shape over tiny little words, absolutely gut-busting. Come on, who am I to talk about racist words? How many professional sports teams are there named after racist terms for Native Americans? You realise how hilarious it would be to have the Washington Redskins take on the Las Vegas Wetbacks? Or how about the New England Patriots taking on the Alabama Niggers? Now there's a rivalry.

White, Black, Mexican, Jew, Gentile, European, Islamic, Asian, Eskimo, Native American, all of em have their own beautifuly insulting labels. And each one sounds dumber than the last one.

But no, I'm not a racist. I'm just offensive.

#25 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Am I offended by it? nope. Is anyone here? Probably not. But here we have rules and one of them is no crap like that....no matter what side you fall on. I took it in context and saying "F*ck the honky" is not gonna fly here just like any other "F*ck the __(other slurs)__"

Trust me I'm plent offensive verbally and odorly but saying stuff like that around here is not gonna fly.

#26 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

I understand completely. If it don't fly, then I won't push it anymore.

Although it is pretty funny that I got in trouble for writing something offensive in a thread whose title indicates that the subject matter is primarily about people being punished irrationally for incindiary writing....now that's good irony.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

I just wanna make one point. It is very ironic to me that people can call each other the things that they call each other on internet message boards, but some specific words are treated the way they are. Meanwhile, in situations like an NFL locker room or NASCAR garage area (two places I have been around quite a bit over the last 10 years), people would never insult each other the way Fiz and me and some other people do on here regularly. And yet, the words we think are so harmful on the internet and are so afraid of get used all the time in those real life situations.

Not putting anyone down on here specifically, just saying it's ironic that you can say "you faggot inbred dumbass moron", but not "you honky" or "you nappy headed ho." Why are we so afraid of these words? We empower them the way we treat them.

Edited by Meat, 13 April 2009 - 05:43 PM.

#28 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm just gonna point this one thing out. It is very ironic to me that people can call each other every name in the book on an internet message board, but can't say words that are deemed racist. Meanwhile, in situations like an NFL locker room or NASCAR garage area (two places I have been around quite a bit over the last 10 years), people would never insult each other the way Fiz and me and some other people do on here regularly. And yet, the words we think are so harmful on the internet and are so afraid of get used all the time in those real life situations.

Not putting anyone down on here specifically, just saying it's ironic that you can say "you faggot inbred dumbass moron", but not "you honky" or "you nappy headed ho." Why are we so afraid of these words? We empower them the way we treat them.

I agree entirely with that, and it's one of the reasons that I love to use the words. The more you use them, then the more people are forced to question why they find those words offensive. Eventually (ideally), everyone should realize that there isn't a reason to be offended by them at all. At that moment, they stop having relavence and power. At that moment, equality wins a big one.

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

nobody seriously uses honky as a racist term. the only people who bring it up are white people setting up straw men.

the term used these days is "heather" or "casper."

i think heather is just a stereotypical white girl name, which is funny cause the only one i've known was a black girl in high school.

Edited by rodeo, 13 April 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

I worked with this guy at a restaurant one time. He was a black guy who was in and out of jail all the time, and never had transportation. Yet he and I became pretty tight. I used to go 10 miles out of my way to give him a ride home. We'd constantly needle each other and use race to do it. But we both laughed it off. He'd say "Big B, what's wrong with yo people? You nuke the yellow man, take the red man's land..." I'd come back with "we tried to kill the brown man, too, but he breeds too fast." He'd laugh his ass off. Then he'd come back with something on me and I'd laugh my ass off.

Why can't we all be like this? Instead we all walk around afraid of our differences. White people are all uptight around black people because they're constantly afraid of saying something offensive.

Example of what goes on in an NFL locker room....Panthers had a white player used to love quoting Caddyshack. He'd say, in front of black and white teammates..."Hey Fred, did you hear the one about the Jew, the Catholic and the colored boy?" A black player would chime in with the next line from the movie.

People talk about how religion is used to control people, and they're right, but I think political correctness is, too.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com