Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yaboychris28

Coach Rivera said we're missing a scat back..

111 posts in this topic

Goodson's a little too tall to be considered a true scatback type.

They tend to be smaller guys.

Whatever speed Goodson has doesn't seem to show up at game time.

Whatever speed Goodson has doesn't seem to show up at game time.

running the ball or returning? there may be a reason for the returning if he's hesitating..

he's already proven to be a quality RB, but fumbling has kept him off the field..

I can't believe people are actually taking this seriously.

running the ball or returning? there may be a reason for the returning if he's hesitating..

he's already proven to be a quality RB, but fumbling has kept him off the field..

Either, just doesn't seem to have "it".

The real problem is whatever has turned Rivera off about him. Whatever it is.

I can't believe people are actually taking this seriously.

Of all the dumb stuff that people take seriously here, this one is actually somewhat interesting.

The real problem is whatever has turned Rivera off about him. Whatever it is.

Of all the dumb stuff that people take seriously here, this one is actually somewhat interesting.

go back and see what he's done as a starter.. the dude is a solid RB. unfortunately, he can't hang onto the ball.

interesting to the point of debate? yes. worthy of taking serious? no

interesting to the point of debate? yes. worthy of taking serious? no

Disagree.

We don't have a true "change of pace" back on roster right now. Neither do we have a dangerous punt returner.

Both of those things would be very useful to have, and could be had in a single player.

Disagree.

We don't have a true "change of pace" back on roster right now. Neither do we have a dangerous punt returner.

Both of those things would be very useful to have, and could be had in a single player.

I agree with your points here and I think it would be nice to have a change of pace back but I think there are about 5 things we need on D way before this. Plus a change of pace back, while great, isn't great enough to crack the carries of the primary two backs who don't get enough carries as it is. Waste of time IMO.

I agree with your points here and I think it would be nice to have a change of pace back but I think there are about 5 things we need on D way before this. Plus a change of pace back, while great, isn't great enough to crack the carries of the primary two backs who don't get enough carries as it is. Waste of time IMO.

no one is forcing you to take part in the conversation and it most certainly isn't doing any harm.

a scat back like rivera is talking about (and i don't think this is something he is talking out of his ass about) isn't something you would have to give up a lot for.

are there 5 things we need on defense before we start adding a scat back? yep...but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and it doesn't have to be something that takes much attention at all from improving the defense. we are talking about a player we will most likely take no earlier than the 5th round, but probably 6th or 7th round or even udfa.

no one is considering it a priority. just another dimension to possibly add at some point to make the offense more potent than it already is.