Photo
- - - - -

Coach Rivera said we're missing a scat back..

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

You apparently do not understand what a scat back is and what their purpose is.

They are used like Sproles.....dangerous in the open field.

I know exactly what a scat back is.

The difference is Rainey doesn't have the physicality of a Sproles. So when things go bad he doesn't just run sideways.

Apparently you haven't seen Rainey play. He is not worth a pick if all we asking him to do is be a 'scat back.' It's just not worth it.

#107 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,748 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Not the defense this year.

Technically, they could have been worse :sosp:

#108 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Looks like we are tryin to build an offense similar to the Chargers when they had Tomlinson, Turner, and Sproles.

#109 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

I wonder if we could look at a FA like Noel Devine, he might fit, though as of right now he's in the UFL.

This!!!! ALL DAY LONG!

Devine went into a bad situation in Philly, and only made it worse by leaving the team on his own... He tried the UFL thing, but I dunno how that's going... Probably not good, given their financial issues...

He'd be electric in our offensive scheme, and would immediately make Armanti Edwards' waste of roster space an afterthought with his ability to contribute to the return game...

If we don't go that route, I'd love to get his one-time teammate, Tavon Austin, should he declare... Dude is a beast at WR, and is one of the most elusive guys in college football once he gets the ball... He came in as a RB, but converted to WR...

#110 89bstpnd4pnd

89bstpnd4pnd

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

We have our scat back already, Kealoha Pilares or DWill. Both are explosive, with a complete training camp, I think we already have the talent for the "scat back position". Let's focus on our D

#111 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

We have our scat back already, Kealoha Pilares or DWill. Both are explosive, with a complete training camp, I think we already have the talent for the "scat back position". Let's focus on our D

I think the panthers HC would disagree with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.