Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madden 2012 and This Board

180 posts in this topic

Posted

You know those Japanese are obsessed with symmetry, can't move a joystick up. Most new games on the PS3 use the left stick for direction, as the direction buttons are slowly evolving into alternative buttons (cycling through inventories, for example). I see what you mean, they are awkward at times, now that I think about it. Especially for someone with big hands, like me.

41chNv6Wd2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Posted

back to madden

you can throw bombs all day to steve smith

Posted

this game blows.

lazy ass developers. didnt even face scan cam.

Play NBA 2k12 or MLB the Show.. Madden sucks

Posted

41chNv6Wd2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

To me, that 64 controller seems more awkward than a Sony controller. At least on the PS3 controller the joysticks are placed close enough to the buttons that you can hit/use them we ease. It's like less than a half inch. That joystick seems way to far down. I have big hands, but not Shaq/Favre hands. lol

Posted

this game blows.

lazy ass developers. didnt even face scan cam.

Play NBA 2k12 or MLB the Show.. Madden sucks

Thanks for another post. We don't care. This thread is for people who DO play.

I understand haters gonna hate, but there are literally dozens of threads already where you can whine about not playing it.

Posted

So what do your depth charts look like for the Panthers?

Posted

hands are symmetrical, so why can't controllers be. People who play ps3 think xbox controllers are rediculous and vice versa.

Posted

I haven't played an Xbox enough to really have a valid opinion on the controller, that's why I'm asking questions, I guess. I played Halo 2 for a few hours when it came out a long time ago - at a friends house. That's the only time I've used one.

I only played a Nintendo 64 long enough to play and beat Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. But I didn't like that controller at first, but after a few hours I grew accustomed to it. I think most gamers will have the same experience with about any controller - they'll get used to it.

Posted

So what do your depth charts look like for the Panthers?

My online roster?

I put a few guys back into starting roles: Otah, Beason, Davis, Gettis, etc.

I change a few linemen around to have the most possible talent on the field at a given time and try to get a little more speed on kick/punt coverage teams. I also put Kunalic at KOS - high, hanging kick that you can still put in the endzone.

Posted

First all injured players are moved back into the lineup.

I run a 3-4 defense I made based on the Charger playbook. Featuring 3-4 Predator and 2-4-5 Nickel as my primary formations.

McClain Edwards Hardy/Fua

C Johnson Beason Anderson Davis/Applewhite/Hardy

Gamble Godfrey Martin Munnerlyn

Offensively I run pretty standard stuff though I will often line up Greg Olsen in the backfield and even hand it off to him some. My strategy revolves around motion and some trickery. I also really like to run it out of passing formations and will run on any down.

I also have a special Armanti Edwards package that would be more effective if the wildcat snaps didn't have the weird animation at the start of them.

Posted

I play Ultimate Team mostly, although that's pretty frustrating for a number of reasons.

The invisible player poo drives me crazy, especially on defense. Also, the game is almost set up to tempt you to spend actual money on coins. fug that.

Posted

Custom playbook running the 4-6... (running plays out of 3-4, 46, 4-3, various Nickel packages, and the Dime..)

I often will switch my DE's (CJ and Hardy) in at DT positions with Dime and Nickel.. LBers in at DE.. with the 34, 43, and 46 I tend to leave them alone more now a days.. I'll switch CBs in at safety positions on those though...

I put in all the injured guys..

Smitty, Gettis, LaFell, Naanee, Pilares, Tutu

Gamble, Munnerlyn, Butler, Hogan (and matchup my guys based on a mix of man coverage ratings/speed)

fill out the rest of my roster spots with backups (I think that helps with STs)..

pretty much sums it up..