• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russian Bear

Madden 2012 and This Board

If you have a good o-line, patience definitely works. Your receivers WILL get open. Its a matter of getting the timing down - harder to do online if your connection stutters and you're playing someone who nano blitzes every down. Then I just hotroute for the WRS to run slants and I do a streak with the TE. It works until they blitz everyone, but leave the MLB in zone coverage. He'll break it up every time.

Hidden

practice, practice, practice.. unless you understand what you're trying to accomplish on a football field, you're going to get torched early on. Stick skills are highly important as well. catch the ball with receivers and learn how to put touch on your passes.. learn what windows you can hit and which ones are best to avoid.. picking up on what your opponent is trying to do will help your defense out a ton. and most importantly, don't be a dumbass and continue dropping back hoping to have 5-7 seconds to throw when someone is blitzing the fug out of you... this game does promote thinking outside of the box and taking advantage of the computer's AI...

most video games are pretty simple to exploit.. I'd say this one isn't of that variety... not online anyhow.

practice, practice, practice...

most video games are pretty simple to exploit.. I'd say this one isn't of that variety... not online anyhow.

the more you can intuitively know about what your opponent is going to run, the better.. one play on offense or defense isn't going to work 100% of the time..

I'd highly recommend using the mini-camps a lot early on just to get a feel for the game. and then practice mode to work on plays.. wouldn't hurt to look online for plays since there are a lot of good tips out there..

Apprecitate the input.

FWIW, the nano blitzing stuff is ridiculous. It amazes me that people find it fun to play that sort of game. I'd much rather try and beat an opponent with strategy than with cheats.

practice, practice, practice...

the more you can intuitively know about what your opponent is going to run, the better.. one play on offense or defense isn't going to work 100% of the time..

I'd highly recommend using the mini-camps a lot early on just to get a feel for the game. and then practice mode to work on plays.. wouldn't hurt to look online for plays since there are a lot of good tips out there..

From the one whos scared to play me ;)

Apprecitate the input.

FWIW, the nano blitzing stuff is ridiculous. It amazes me that people find it fun to play that sort of game. I'd much rather try and beat an opponent with strategy than with cheats.

I hear ya..

although I've yet to hear anyone tell me the difference between a nano and an overload blitz.. the guys don't run faster, jump higher, or fly through the air so I'm not sure what's cheating.. any nano can be stopped by the correct blocking assignment and the same number of blockers as rushers..

it's all a chess game so if someone wants to keep throwing a nano at me, they are going to get burned every time.. I don't expect 5 seconds to throw the ball so I don't take 5 seconds when a screen or a quick pass over the top is more effective..

obviously, I'd rather go against someone who drops back in zone or man coverage but that's because when I'm not being challenged I have all day to throw..

I hear ya..

although I've yet to hear anyone tell me the difference between a nano and an overload blitz.. the guys don't run faster, jump higher, or fly through the air so I'm not sure what's cheating.. any nano can be stopped by the correct blocking assignment and the same number of blockers as rushers..

it's all a chess game so if someone wants to keep throwing a nano at me, they are going to get burned every time.. I don't expect 5 seconds to throw the ball so I don't take 5 seconds when a screen or a quick pass over the top is more effective..

obviously, I'd rather go against someone who drops back in zone or man coverage but that's because when I'm not being challenged I have all day to throw..

From my understanding a nano is pretty much any blitz that causes pressure as a result of spatial exploits. I don't know a lot about programming but nanos just exploit the spaces and the AI of the OL in overloading them. It's not about sending more than you can block, it's finding a weakness in the OL programming and attacking it.

For instance, in years past a lot of people would line up two players into one gap right on top of each other... When the ball was snapped, the OL didn't know how to react, and even if you had enough to block them it exploited the OL directly in front of them.

The blitz I can't stand this year was that f'ing shake blitz. I hate that sh*t. How gay can you get? Yes, because in real life the whole LB corps of defenses repeatedly rock back and forth in synchronicity until the ball is snapped... smh...

But, as you pointed out, now I actually enjoy picking idiots like this apart... Instead of trying to play John Fox ball and force the run on them even when you're losing yardage, I step back in the gun and hit em with screens, slants, and flat routes.

Often times, after you countered them with this stuff, you realize how stupid they are to the game of football because they have no strategy otherwise outside of nanos and glitches.

One thing that irritates me with Madden... What is the point in having the R1 button on offense if I still get stripped of the ball? May as well remove it then. I don't know how many times in the past I'd get the ball ripped out while holding R1 yet despite repeated attempts to rip it from my opponent, I don't get the same luck. Fumbles piss me off in the game the most because you have no control over when the CPU decides, "Imma sh*t on this guy this game..."

And why have injuries in online games? Let each man have all his players and may the best man win.

From my understanding a nano is pretty much any blitz that causes pressure as a result of spatial exploits. I don't know a lot about programming but nanos just exploit the spaces and the AI of the OL in overloading them. It's not about sending more than you can block, it's finding a weakness in the OL programming and attacking it.

For instance, in years past a lot of people would line up two players into one gap right on top of each other... When the ball was snapped, the OL didn't know how to react, and even if you had enough to block them it exploited the OL directly in front of them.

The blitz I can't stand this year was that f'ing shake blitz. I hate that sh*t. How gay can you get? Yes, because in real life the whole LB corps of defenses repeatedly rock back and forth in synchronicity until the ball is snapped... smh...

But, as you pointed out, now I actually enjoy picking idiots like this apart... Instead of trying to play John Fox ball and force the run on them even when you're losing yardage, I step back in the gun and hit em with screens, slants, and flat routes.

Often times, after you countered them with this stuff, you realize how stupid they are to the game of football because they have no strategy otherwise outside of nanos and glitches.

One thing that irritates me with Madden... What is the point in having the R1 button on offense if I still get stripped of the ball? May as well remove it then. I don't know how many times in the past I'd get the ball ripped out while holding R1 yet despite repeated attempts to rip it from my opponent, I don't get the same luck. Fumbles piss me off in the game the most because you have no control over when the CPU decides, "Imma sh*t on this guy this game..."

And why have injuries in online games? Let each man have all his players and may the best man win.

TD gets injured 5 times a game, pisses me off..

The only way I've found to overcome fumbling is to never try to get extra yards once I'm wrapped up.. most of the time this works but they went all out on trying to make this game as erratic as possible.. Irritates the hell out of me. And dudes know they get free turnovers, I'm not sure what equates to them always getting lucky instead of me. It's not uncommon for me to be forced to come back from 14-21 points down from the start.. I guess maybe playing with the Panthers puts me at a disadvantage since most guys rather try to beat me (77 rated team) with someone like the Patriots (91, IIRC) or Green Bay...

as far as the nano, I see your point but I also think that's kind of the same premise.. the object of a blitz in real life is to exploit spacing and blocking schemes (or what the AI is attempting to do)... this year especially, the shifting of the OLine usually stops any nano if you guess right, which is the goal in real life.. maybe most of the "nanos" I've learned to combat people with are merely overloads and I don't have any true nanos, but all of the ones I use simply clog all blockers and results in one guy being set free...

I'm with you on not really understanding all of the programming that goes into it so maybe there is a lot more than my basic explanation and a difference between overloads and nanos..

Overall, I feel like the creators of Madden are trying to make this game more and more realistic which is what we have in the 2012 version.. It has some major setbacks and is completely erratic.. I had an easier time ripping a defense apart in '11 than I am this year..

it's one thing to overthrow a receiver with a QB's less than stellar accuracy, but when I put the ball on the money and it's still underthrown or overthrown, I want to break poo.

I did learn recently that the defenders are likely to jump a route if you throw the ball before he gets separation as opposed to throwing the ball with anticipation.. that has helped a lot, but gives you even less of a window to throw into.. I would have thought anticipation would be a bigger factor since NFL QBs must rely on that sort of timing over those who have to see the receiver open and then throw the ball..

I hear ya..

the nano blitz is where they use a glitch to make your center turn instead of block. your guards pick up their normal assignments and don't pick up the two unblocked blitzers down the middle

TD gets injured 5 times a game, pisses me off..

The only way I've found to overcome fumbling is to never try to get extra yards once I'm wrapped up.. most of the time this works but they went all out on trying to make this game as erratic as possible.. Irritates the hell out of me. And dudes know they get free turnovers, I'm not sure what equates to them always getting lucky instead of me. It's not uncommon for me to be forced to come back from 14-21 points down from the start.. I guess maybe playing with the Panthers puts me at a disadvantage since most guys rather try to beat me (77 rated team) with someone like the Patriots (91, IIRC) or Green Bay...

as far as the nano, I see your point but I also think that's kind of the same premise.. the object of a blitz in real life is to exploit spacing and blocking schemes (or what the AI is attempting to do)... this year especially, the shifting of the OLine usually stops any nano if you guess right, which is the goal in real life.. maybe most of the "nanos" I've learned to combat people with are merely overloads and I don't have any true nanos, but all of the ones I use simply clog all blockers and results in one guy being set free...

I'm with you on not really understanding all of the programming that goes into it so maybe there is a lot more than my basic explanation and a difference between overloads and nanos..

Overall, I feel like the creators of Madden are trying to make this game more and more realistic which is what we have in the 2012 version.. It has some major setbacks and is completely erratic.. I had an easier time ripping a defense apart in '11 than I am this year..

it's one thing to overthrow a receiver with a QB's less than stellar accuracy, but when I put the ball on the money and it's still underthrown or overthrown, I want to break poo.

I did learn recently that the defenders are likely to jump a route if you throw the ball before he gets separation as opposed to throwing the ball with anticipation.. that has helped a lot, but gives you even less of a window to throw into.. I would have thought anticipation would be a bigger factor since NFL QBs must rely on that sort of timing over those who have to see the receiver open and then throw the ball..

The key to running is cutting. If you run hoping for a hole with the panthers o line your kidding yourself. Backside cuts with right stick as well as doing your own with the left really do work. Since ive been working on my running game ive been averaging 110-150 with deangelo and 150-200 with Ray Rice.

the nano blitz is where they use a glitch to make your center turn instead of block. your guards pick up their normal assignments and don't pick up the two unblocked blitzers down the middle

oh.. most of my blitzes usually have a guy coming free from the outside or overloading a guard&tackle and having a free man run through... I guess my issue with what is a nano is hearing some people call every blitz a nano just because the blitz works.. I'm still trying to figure out the difference in their minds..

The key to running is cutting. If you run hoping for a hole with the panthers o line your kidding yourself. Backside cuts with right stick as well as doing your own with the left really do work. Since ive been working on my running game ive been averaging 110-150 with deangelo and 150-200 with Ray Rice.

I learned a few tricks via line shifts that have helped me blow up my running game.. it doesn't always work against guys who seem to get great push from their defense and always get in the backfield (still trying to learn how to do that if you have any tips)..

however, my run game has improved a lot with the Panthers against most guys with similar skill level (hovering about 700 points and always playing people equal to that).. I guess my experience has depended on how well someone knows about stopping the run..

I'll have to practice doing more cuts and get familiar with what you're talking about...

In my experience, cutting actually slows down the runner quite a bit in the most recent versions of Madden. I'd say the last 2 years it has. Before that, it was lethal.

I actually find that it is more effective to shake the runner by moving the left analog around (moving it quickly from left to right) and getting the defensive players to guess wrong, or just delay time until a hole opens or the backside clears.

BTW, what OL changes were you saying works for your running game Bleys? I usually don't mess with them unless I run a draw or dive and turn the OL to aggressive.

In my experience, cutting actually slows down the runner quite a bit in the most recent versions of Madden. I'd say the last 2 years it has. Before that, it was lethal.

I actually find that it is more effective to shake the runner by moving the left analog around (moving it quickly from left to right) and getting the defensive players to guess wrong, or just delay time until a hole opens or the backside clears.

BTW, what OL changes were you saying works for your running game Bleys? I usually don't mess with them unless I run a draw or dive and turn the OL to aggressive.

you may be aware of this, but there are 2 types of cutbacks with the R-joystick.. if you move it east or west it'll give a big juke and slow down, but more of a northeast and northwest hit on the R-joystick is a lot quicker..

aside from that, I haven't messed with cut backs too much unless it's a counter.. I'll have to find out how to make that work with these tips..

as for line shifts, there's no foolproof way to pull this off, however if I'm running a counter and sometimes a 2 TE I-Form, I'll shift the line in the opposite direction I'm running.. I hear the idea behind this is the blockers will suck the defenders in that direction giving you room on the outside..

for instance if you are running right, you want your OL to block left instead of moving them right and shifting them into your running lane..

however, on toss plays, I usually shift them into the direction I'm running or at times I shift them "aggressive"..

If I'm running a dive or draw I always shift them aggressive.. this is supposed to help get a push, find out which blocker creates the best push and run through it..

this doesn't work all the time because "the other team practices too", but I've found it to be much more effective than leaving them alone.. obviously a dedication to the run game is a must...

I haven't read or heard anything that lays out a definite direction to shift the line. I usually go with instinct.

you may be aware of this, but there are 2 types of cutbacks with the R-joystick.. if you move it east or west it'll give a big juke and slow down, but more of a northeast and northwest hit on the R-joystick is a lot quicker..

aside from that, I haven't messed with cut backs too much unless it's a counter.. I'll have to find out how to make that work with these tips..

as for line shifts, there's no foolproof way to pull this off, however if I'm running a counter and sometimes a 2 TE I-Form, I'll shift the line in the opposite direction I'm running.. I hear the idea behind this is the blockers will suck the defenders in that direction giving you room on the outside.

for instance if you are running right, you want your OL to block left instead of moving them right and shifting them into your running lane..

however, on toss plays, I usually shift them into the direction I'm running or at times I shift them "aggressive"..

If I'm running a dive or draw I always shift them aggressive.. this is supposed to help get a push, find out which blocker creates the best push and run through it..

this doesn't work all the time because "the other team practices too", but I've found it to be much more effective than leaving them alone.. obviously a dedication to the run game is a must...

I haven't read or heard anything that lays out a definite direction to shift the line. I usually go with instinct.

This works quite well. I've been able to pull off a few big runs doing that.