Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russian Bear

Madden 2012 and This Board

180 posts in this topic

First all injured players are moved back into the lineup.

I run a 3-4 defense I made based on the Charger playbook. Featuring 3-4 Predator and 2-4-5 Nickel as my primary formations.

McClain Edwards Hardy/Fua

C Johnson Beason Anderson Davis/Applewhite/Hardy

Gamble Godfrey Martin Munnerlyn

Offensively I run pretty standard stuff though I will often line up Greg Olsen in the backfield and even hand it off to him some. My strategy revolves around motion and some trickery. I also really like to run it out of passing formations and will run on any down.

I also have a special Armanti Edwards package that would be more effective if the wildcat snaps didn't have the weird animation at the start of them.

I like using a little trickery to get good matchups, but it hardly works the way you'd think. I use one play where I usually get Gettis or LaFell playing as a scatback. I don't remember exactly what I do, but the basics that I remember - singleback set with 4 WR, call the audible, put your HB in motion (he'll go slot left). Your WR is there as a blocking FB, so you have to call a hot route. In theory, you could have a speed guy running uncovered up the middle of the defense. I don't have much luck with it, but maybe somebody a little more savvy can figure out how to draw zone coverage away.

QB - Newton, Anderson, Clausen

HB - Williams, Goodson, Stewart, Vaughan

FB - Stewart, Brockel, Hartsock

WR - Gettis, LaFell, Smith, Pilares, Naanee,Edwards

TE - Olsen, Shockey, Barnidge

LT - Gross, Williams, Schwartz

LG - Wharton, Williams, Hangartner

C - Kalil, Williams, Schwartz

RG - Bernadeau, Hangartner, Bell

RT - Otah, Williams, Schwartz

----------------

LE - Applewhite, Hardy, Norwood

RE - Johnson, Hardy, Norwood

DT - Edwards, McClain, Shirley, Nwagbuo, Neblett

LOLB - Davis, Connor, Gaither

MLB - Beason, Connor, Senn, Gaither

ROLB - Anderson, Gaither, Conner

CB - Gamble, Munnerlyn, Butler, Hogan, Thomas

FS - Martin, Pugh, Butler

SS - Godfrey, Pugh, Thomas

----------------

K - Kunalic

P - Baker

KR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

PR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

KOS - Kunalic

3DRB - Stewart

-----------------------

Thoughts???

PS: I can't stop the run for poo... ???

----------------

----------------

K - Kunalic

P - Baker

KR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

PR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

KOS - Kunalic

3DRB - Stewart

-----------------------

Thoughts???

Smitty in the slot is nice.. Gamble/Munnerlyn returning huh? that turn out to be most efficient? I would switch Applewhite to DT next to Edwards and put The Kraken in at DE.. I'll have to start putting Stew in at FB, nice addition.

----------------

----------------

K - Kunalic

P - Baker

KR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

PR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

KOS - Kunalic

3DRB - Stewart

-----------------------

Thoughts???

As a gamestop madden champ, as well as winning a few local tournaments around my area ill give a few tips.

Williams starting RB is good, but stewart at FB is inefficient. Unless you plan on running GB's playbook, theres no need for two running backs in the backfield. Brockel is pretty decent at making holes and stewart seems to over-play and miss blocks.

Stopping the run is simple. Play 3-4 defense, Shift d line to one side and shift linebackers to opposite side. Play as fastest linebacker ( Beason in our case ) and use him to pursue the ball. Even if you dont make the tackle, you will at least force the RB to change his hole or bounce outside. If you choose a play where the CB's are playing the flats and you can force the run outside, 70% of the time you will hold them to <4 yards.

As a gamestop madden champ, as well as winning a few local tournaments around my area ill give a few tips.

Williams starting RB is good, but stewart at FB is inefficient. Unless you plan on running GB's playbook, theres no need for two running backs in the backfield. Brockel is pretty decent at making holes and stewart seems to over-play and miss blocks.

Stopping the run is simple. Play 3-4 defense, Shift d line to one side and shift linebackers to opposite side. Play as fastest linebacker ( Beason in our case ) and use him to pursue the ball. Even if you dont make the tackle, you will at least force the RB to change his hole or bounce outside. If you choose a play where the CB's are playing the flats and you can force the run outside, 70% of the time you will hold them to <4 yards.

Thats a good idea. I've never run 3-4 because I figured JA and TD wouldn't be effective pass rushing. What zone-blitz's do you like to call in nickel? dime?

Thats a good idea. I've never run 3-4 because I figured JA and TD wouldn't be effective pass rushing. What zone-blitz's do you like to call in nickel? dime?

that's why this is Madden.. you can throw out conventional thought (or reality).. Last year I used the Steelers a lot and would replace most of the DL with LBers since they had better ability to shed blocks and quickness...

I run 34 all the time... (as well as 43, 46, etc)

good tips... I have needed some help trying to stop the magical The Golden Calf of Bristol...

Thanks for the tips!

Regarding the JStew at fb.. I often run two out of the backfield and send them on passing routs as clearing routs. Stew is pretty decent at catching. Still not recommended?

xTheKushx on ps3, i dare anyone to step up.

I would, but only have a 360.. ;)

----------------

----------------

K - Kunalic

P - Baker

KR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

PR - Gamble / Munnerlyn

KOS - Kunalic

3DRB - Stewart

-----------------------

Thoughts???

IMO would be better to change the package to move Smith to the slot. That way he is still in for 1 or 2 WR sets