• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russian Bear

Madden 2012 and This Board

you may be aware of this, but there are 2 types of cutbacks with the R-joystick.. if you move it east or west it'll give a big juke and slow down, but more of a northeast and northwest hit on the R-joystick is a lot quicker..

aside from that, I haven't messed with cut backs too much unless it's a counter.. I'll have to find out how to make that work with these tips..

as for line shifts, there's no foolproof way to pull this off, however if I'm running a counter and sometimes a 2 TE I-Form, I'll shift the line in the opposite direction I'm running.. I hear the idea behind this is the blockers will suck the defenders in that direction giving you room on the outside..

for instance if you are running right, you want your OL to block left instead of moving them right and shifting them into your running lane..

however, on toss plays, I usually shift them into the direction I'm running or at times I shift them "aggressive"..

If I'm running a dive or draw I always shift them aggressive.. this is supposed to help get a push, find out which blocker creates the best push and run through it..

this doesn't work all the time because "the other team practices too", but I've found it to be much more effective than leaving them alone.. obviously a dedication to the run game is a must...

I haven't read or heard anything that lays out a definite direction to shift the line. I usually go with instinct.

Thanks man, I'll have to try that. I've shifted the OL to the side I toss to before, but it's been either a really big hit or a really big miss, lol.

For awhile there, I was in beast mode with our running game running out of strong close, strong pro, and singleback twin TE... But, people started being able to shoot gaps and sack Cam before he even handed it off or stuff the run for -3 yards on first down.

So now, unless I use the Texans or Niners, I pretty much run enough to make them honor it to begin with, but I like to start the game by stretching the field and taking deep shots to Smitty and/or Gettis. Early on, I'll pound them long enough to make them commit a safety, and then I hit them deep.

Then, I use the formations against them - shotgun with one TE and run off that... Split back with Stew and Deangelo. And then, I can always start off looking to pass and then pick up the first with Cam.

We're so fun to play with now... If only we could get the defense right though... Captain gets toasted at least once a game for me lol.

oh.. most of my blitzes usually have a guy coming free from the outside or overloading a guard&tackle and having a free man run through... I guess my issue with what is a nano is hearing some people call every blitz a nano just because the blitz works.. I'm still trying to figure out the difference in their minds..

I learned a few tricks via line shifts that have helped me blow up my running game.. it doesn't always work against guys who seem to get great push from their defense and always get in the backfield (still trying to learn how to do that if you have any tips)..

however, my run game has improved a lot with the Panthers against most guys with similar skill level (hovering about 700 points and always playing people equal to that).. I guess my experience has depended on how well someone knows about stopping the run..

I'll have to practice doing more cuts and get familiar with what you're talking about...

Go on youtube and watch how barry sander cuts back behind defenders and makes them miss while they are trying to square up and tackle him

You so the same in madden, think like barry and if your running a off tackle to the right, as soon as you see the d slant right, you gotta make a mean cut and you will see the light.

Its especially easy against the people who are very agressive on d and like to try and hitstick all the time. Cutting back and forth and they fall while missing a hitstik

In a tough spell right now. I can't seem to stop anybody (specifically the rocket catch/or whatever it is called).

I'm at level four and it just seems like everyone is shutting me down, lol.

In a tough spell right now. I can't seem to stop anybody (specifically the rocket catch/or whatever it is called).

I'm at level four and it just seems like everyone is shutting me down, lol.

the more you learn, the less you know.. try to avoid traveling down the rabbit hole.

I suggest getting online and checking madden forums as well as youtube videos on certain plays.. no play works 100% of the time and you'll have to apply real football knowledge to the game.. like diagnosing coverage, playing intuitively, minimizing mistakes, etc..

things like watching the linebackers and safety is key.. especially LB.. know how they will react at the snap and how to take advantage.. you will notice a slight difference by how they line up pre-snap.. their "yellow zones" will have them cover short or deep (not cover3 deep).. if they are near the DL, you can usually hit them over the top. if they are off the DL, you can kill them underneath... but again, that's just with certain cover 2, then you have to learn how to diagnose cover 3, cover 4 (the toughest), man, combinations of man/zone, etc.. things like that will make you a better player..

people who play the computer in franchise mode are the easiest to beat and you can usually tell who they are on this forum... don't be that guy! ;)

btw, I still don't know how to rocket catch.. I guess I should look it up.. I usually let the player swat the ball and have a decent enough time to get in position since it's more of a lob.. but it's always tempting to go for the INT..

never even heard of rocket catching

i always end up just SLINGING the ball pretty much the entire game. running gets boring even if it's working. i've gotten pretty good with my pre-snap reads and hot routes but i haven't messed with o-line shifts.

i always end up just SLINGING the ball pretty much the entire game. running gets boring even if it's working. i've gotten pretty good with my pre-snap reads and hot routes but i haven't messed with o-line shifts.

you play online or mostly against the computer?

you play online or mostly against the computer?

mostly against roommates/friends. i've played a few games online but one of my roommates destroyed my record.

also noticed people abuse exploits pretty often online.

mostly against roommates/friends. i've played a few games online but one of my roommates destroyed my record.

also noticed people abuse exploits pretty often online.

just curious.. the more people like to sling the ball around, the more INTs I have a chance to grab.. ;)

and they aren't exactly exploits, a lot of things I hear about are nothing different than what you'll see on Sundays.. Madden usually updates true exploits out of the game if it's really an issue.

just curious.. the more people like to sling the ball around, the more INTs I have a chance to grab.. ;)

and they aren't exactly exploits, a lot of things I hear about are nothing different than what you'll see on Sundays.. Madden usually updates true exploits out of the game if it's really an issue.

maybe exploit isn't the right word (though i do see them). people play it less like football and more like a video game. once it gets to a certain point it's just not fun to play against anymore.

Hidden

I hear ya.. and exploits just take practice.. which I'm still not sold on what an "exploit" is considered.. if you can't stop a blitz, well don't expect 5 or 6 seconds for routes to develop.... or a rocket catch taking advantage of a receivers height and ability to jump...

I mean, what's next... considering an outside toss an exploit because I can't figure out how to shut them down?

I exploit players who aren't as good as me and seem to fail to exploit those who are better than me.. lol

yeah, I agree.. I find there is a thin line between ridiculous and acceptable..

if I'm dumb enough to expect deep routes to develop and I only have 3 or 4 seconds to get the ball out, that's on me. If I can't get into a 3 step drop within 1 second without getting sacked, that becomes annoying..

i play mostly against the computer on this version. i have trouble with dropping games this year. i play differently, though. against the computer, i play for stats. online, i play to win, no matter how ugly.

so does doing one cheesy thing over and over. rocket catching is for those who dont know how to run routes.

M12 is a running game, i play in online franchises and i see some people averaging over 250 rushing yards a game and seen some individual performances as high as 500. My goal is to have 150 rushing and 250 passing. Get a little lead and have people passing, then my user skills come into place cuz i get about 3 or 4 ints every game. I cover the middle of the field with beason cuz i have him in almost all of my lgs and people tend to try the same old middle post routes to their te's or slot wr's. But i also know when i should use a safety or an olb, all depends on the play i pick. You can rocket catch all you want but i will kill that.

I found out why I quit playing for so long despite being on winning streaks... It's because when I play for too long over a certain amount of time, I quit playing strategy and start trying to sling the ball everywhere and basically lab in online games, lol.

Maybe it's the add. I was one win away from leveling up and now I'm about 6 because I went into dumbass mode and kept running the same 3 plays trying different locations on passes and then went into "rage no-huddle" mode, as I like to call it. I think I need to limit myself to 2 to 3 games at a time.

I found out why I quit playing for so long despite being on winning streaks... It's because when I play for too long over a certain amount of time, I quit playing strategy and start trying to sling the ball everywhere and basically lab in online games, lol.

Maybe it's the add. I was one win away from leveling up and now I'm about 6 because I went into dumbass mode and kept running the same 3 plays trying different locations on passes and then went into "rage no-huddle" mode, as I like to call it. I think I need to limit myself to 2 to 3 games at a time.

yea it sounds like it's time to move on from madden. ive noticed that as spring comes around people get more lazy or brainless and start running the same 3-5 plays over and over. i usually message them and ask if im playing somebody's pet monkey.