177 replies to this topic

#166 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,805 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

you can join a "simulation" group. i joined one but haven't played a game there yet

#167 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

well i finally got the cast off my hand. time to return to clappin' cheeks in madden

#168 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Play me

#169 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

after having played madden 12 for about a month now i've come to the conclusion that this is far and away the worst edition the series has ever put out.

#170 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

after having played madden 12 for about a month now i've come to the conclusion that this is far and away the worst edition the series has ever put out.

Go play 06 on the 360 when it launched then we can talk about worst edition.

#171 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,805 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Go play 06 on the 360 when it launched then we can talk about worst edition.

Or any of them from the late '90s through about 2001. I liked 2002 because you could create your own expansion team in place of the Texans. 2005 through 2009 were bad, but playable. I've loved the series since the 2010 edition.

#172 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Or any of them from the late '90s through about 2001. I liked 2002 because you could create your own expansion team in place of the Texans. 2005 through 2009 were bad, but playable. I've loved the series since the 2010 edition.

No way man 05 was great, It added the hit stick.

#173 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

i think what bothers me the most is the brainless camera setting that blocks half of the flats. you can't see what's going on with any wideouts so any quick smoke routes are chucked on a prayer. any quick passes relying on timing are immediately eliminated because you can't see if your receiver got off the line, if the defender is outside or inside, etc. it's extremely detrimental to gameplay and removes a fairly large section of the playbook that can be effectively used.

also the passing dynamics are broken. a tight end can be wide open streaking upfield on a go route, twenty yards past the SLB, both safties out of the picture, and you zip a bullet pass at him and it automatically gets batted down by the SLB. the alternative is to throw a touch pass, but those take so long to come down that by then the safety comes over and swats it out of the air or picks it off. and there is no inbetween. a guy being wide open means absolutely nothing.

#174 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,805 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

^^^Its time to upgrade to 16:9

#175 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,805 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

No way man 05 was great, It added the hit stick.

and EA sports radio.
and defenders on crack while offense was in molasses

#176 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

i think what bothers me the most is the brainless camera setting that blocks half of the flats. you can't see what's going on with any wideouts so any quick smoke routes are chucked on a prayer. any quick passes relying on timing are immediately eliminated because you can't see if your receiver got off the line, if the defender is outside or inside, etc. it's extremely detrimental to gameplay and removes a fairly large section of the playbook that can be effectively used.

also the passing dynamics are broken. a tight end can be wide open streaking upfield on a go route, twenty yards past the SLB, both safties out of the picture, and you zip a bullet pass at him and it automatically gets batted down by the SLB. the alternative is to throw a touch pass, but those take so long to come down that by then the safety comes over and swats it out of the air or picks it off. and there is no inbetween. a guy being wide open means absolutely nothing.

They over-emphasize using touch in the passing game and so my biggest gripe is you can't require touch when you can't anticipate passes and the passing game's biggest issue is how the AI reacts with the windows in the passing game, instead you have to watch a receiver get open before you can pass the ball and successfully execute a play between QB/receiver..

and on smoke routes, until they fix this issue (if ever), zoom out before you hike the ball if you have a flat screen TV.. any older TVs and I can't see anything regardless..

#177 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

I promise I would win a board Madden tournament.

I promise you that you would not!

Xx-TruCatzFan-xX PS3

Must have headset. Anyone can feel free to PM me at anytime if youd like to play me.

#178 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

XBL Gamertag - SugarFreeCookie

If anyone wants to play me tonight, add me and I'll be on.

(No nanos, shake blitzes, or any of that bull.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com