#61 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

IMO would be better to change the package to move Smith to the slot. That way he is still in for 1 or 2 WR sets

I was always confused.. is the 3rd position not the slot? I guess you are saying move him into position number two.

The point of where I have him now is, in theory, to keep him off the edges and off the better corners. It seems to work fairly decent.

#62 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was always confused.. is the 3rd position not the slot? I guess you are saying move him into position number two.

The point of where I have him now is, in theory, to keep him off the edges and off the better corners. It seems to work fairly decent.

anyone with half a clue will pause the game and set up their defensive matchups so no matter where you line Smitty up, they have their best corner on him...

what chef17 was referring to is at the play selection screen (or maybe it's at the formation selection) you can toggle your R-Joystick left/right for different player packages..

#63 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

anyone with half a clue will pause the game and set up their defensive matchups so no matter where you line Smitty up, they have their best corner on him...

what chef17 was referring to is at the play selection screen (or maybe it's at the formation selection) you can toggle your R-Joystick left/right for different player packages..

3rd is normally slot, but I was referring to the part bleys said that I bolded. With your current lineup if you go to a 1 or 2 WR set Smith is on the bench. Instead Smith should be your #1 receiver so he is always on the field.

When you are picking a formation at the bottom it will say "Package: Normal". Moving the R-stick will change the package (examples being spell HB, strong WR, etc.) You can use that to move Smith into the slot.

#64 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thats a good idea. I've never run 3-4 because I figured JA and TD wouldn't be effective pass rushing. What zone-blitz's do you like to call in nickel? dime?

245 nickel nano blitz
:mad:

#65 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

xTheKushx on ps3, i dare anyone to step up.

only have madden 10 on ps3

#66 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Thats a good idea. I've never run 3-4 because I figured JA and TD wouldn't be effective pass rushing. What zone-blitz's do you like to call in nickel? dime?

I RARELY run nickel or dime defenses. I usually run the ravens playbook and use the 1-5-5 defense on passing plays. It allows you to audible into some great run stuffing blitzes if you misread the offense.

good tips... I have needed some help trying to stop the magical The Golden Calf of Bristol...

Thanks man. I too had some trouble with T'Bone until i started just playing a 3-4 predator and playing as beason and rushing him thru the middle every play. Once you knock him off rhythm, hes easy to pick and keep in check.

Thanks for the tips!

Regarding the JStew at fb.. I often run two out of the backfield and send them on passing routs as clearing routs. Stew is pretty decent at catching. Still not recommended?

np dude, yeah i use the GB playbook and run out of the shot gun for 90% of my snaps. The panthers offensive playbook is pretty awesome too, the shotgun has a wild-cat variation and Im nearly unstoppable in short yardage situations when i run it with cam.

#67 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

the shotgun has a wild-cat variation and Im nearly unstoppable in short yardage situations when i run it with cam.

most people blitz everyone when they see wildcat. you can really burn them if you time those passes correctly

#68 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

the shotgun has a wild-cat variation and Im nearly unstoppable in short yardage situations when i run it with cam.

most people blitz everyone when they see wildcat. you can really burn them if you time those passes correctly

agreed, although there is one play where its a direct snap to cam and if you make the right cuts its pretty easy to weave through the line

#69 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Easiest way to stop the run as the panthers is to use a 3-4 as has been previously said.

It can be done pretty effectively with the 4-3 and 46 as well but using the 4-3 with the Panthers I can't take advantage of the speed I have on the field as effectively. I also do not like not being able to manually position a player so having less DL is better for me.

#70 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I like using a little trickery to get good matchups, but it hardly works the way you'd think. I use one play where I usually get Gettis or LaFell playing as a scatback. I don't remember exactly what I do, but the basics that I remember - singleback set with 4 WR, call the audible, put your HB in motion (he'll go slot left). Your WR is there as a blocking FB, so you have to call a hot route. In theory, you could have a speed guy running uncovered up the middle of the defense. I don't have much luck with it, but maybe somebody a little more savvy can figure out how to draw zone coverage away.

One simple route trick I like to employ out of that formation is to call Slot Cross. The slot receiver route is almost like a hybrid slant/skinny post at first and then becomes a crossing route. #2 receiver runs a deep in. #1 Runs a streak. #4 runs a drag. RB runs a block then flat.

If I think I can either handle the incoming blitz or if there isn't going to be one then sometimes I can motion the rb outside to the left and hot route him to a slant out or a fade. This causes the zone defender to have to choose a receiver to cover and it is typically an easy pass to the uncovered receiver. If the CB slides in to try to help the nickle defender then you send it over his head to the #2 receiver at the right time. Failing that you have a check down drag route and a busted coverage route to Smith. And of course Cam is basically a running back so you can always try to run the ball if there is a good chance for easy yards.

#71 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

ps: NEVER PLAY AGAINST THE RAIDERS.

98% of the time it's just some hack using them for their speed and all out blitzing in a nano of some sort.

#72 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

ps: NEVER PLAY AGAINST THE RAIDERS.

98% of the time it's just some hack using them for their speed and all out blitzing in a nano of some sort.

Lol u noob. Push up on ur dpad, put oline in agressive protection or shift towards blitzing side. If you run shotgun and have te on short post and rbs in the flats youll eat him up all day

#73 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

I picked up the game recently on the cheap and love the online aspect of it. I'm on PS3.

A couple questions:

What type of passing routes are good against a zone. I am utter garbage against a zone on anything longer than 5 yards.

On Defense, what is the best zone to play with? I like the cover two sink, but I usually get killed on the underneath stuff. When I play cover two, it seems like i get torched up the middle and on the sidelines.

Any advice?

#74 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

Carolina and New England IMO have the best passing playbooks. Carolinas since it also has a wildcat variation out of the shotgun( especially good if your playing with Cam *Wink Wink* and New englands because its has like 8 shotgun variations. Anything that will send your TE or Slot recievers in a streak route is usually good against zone because its usually a linebacker or nickel/dime cb covering you.

Try using the corner routes, i dont know them by name but it looks like your #1 and #2 recievers doing a corner route and your #3 is doing a faded streak over the middle. Your two RBs should be running out in the flats. Its pretty damn hard to stop even against the best defenses.

#75 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

I picked up the game recently on the cheap and love the online aspect of it. I'm on PS3.

A couple questions:

What type of passing routes are good against a zone. I am utter garbage against a zone on anything longer than 5 yards.

On Defense, what is the best zone to play with? I like the cover two sink, but I usually get killed on the underneath stuff. When I play cover two, it seems like i get torched up the middle and on the sidelines.

Any advice?

the more play varieties the better, if you're just picking one or two plays over and over, you will get torched not matter what play it is. Patience is the best play against zone defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com