Photo
- - - - -

Holy poo interest rates are low right now...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#76 Niner National

Niner National

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Dont listen to this guy^^. Force the dude to pay cash and pay extra on your mortgage. The people at the top didnt get there by playing by the rules. They were just smart enough to not get caught until they got big enough to hire a full time accountant.

That's the plan. They're friends anyway, I'm not renting to random people.

#77 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Me and my lady saved $150 a month on various utilities a few years back, and dumped it into her student loan ($190/month payment) and paid it off in 18 months or so. We finished that about a year and a half ago and put that $340 extra (plus $200 I got from my $400 car allowance from work), towards our car payment the last 6 months or so. It should be paid off in another year or so, and then I want to take the $540+$340 car payment and put an extra $800 a month toward my mortgage. I don't know anything really about investments or the stock market, so I don't know what other investments I could be making but I am pumped to try and have my house paid off before I'm 40. We both have 401Ks that are doing pretty well, and we both have credit scores of 780 (me) or better (her).

We really want to start having kids and all that but I've seen so many of her friends that are struggling single moms or just can't afford life and I really want to make sure we have zero debt before we go down that road.