• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

I am a App State graduate (Class of '10) & I've watched AE play football live for four years so I know what I'm talking about. Unless AE begins to produce DRAMATICALLY next year, he'll be cut by training camp. Drafting him in the 3rd round sacrificing a 2nd rounder as a PR/WR was not a very smart move. He's fantastic at Wildcat but that's it. Sorry Hurney & my fellow App State buds, but Armanti is not a PR/WR & wasn't worth a 3rd rounder & future 2nd rounder.

#2 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

I didn't have to watch him for 4 years...I watched him for like 2 games and came to this conclusion.

#3 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Marty had APP goggles on.

#4 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

It's not his fault what they gave for him, He made huge improvements this off season what makes you think he won't get another chance too see if he improved this coming off season lol?

I also watched him live throughout his career, and it was like watching him play vs a bunch of high school seniors.

#5 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Breaking News....

#6 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

#7 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Nearly every close friend I have went to ASU, and I don't think a single one of us thought it was a good idea what Hurney and/or Richardson did or think he's going to pan out.

There is no reason to blame the guy for being picked.

#8 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nearly every close friend I have went to ASU, and I don't think a single one of us thought it was a good idea what Hurney and/or Richardson did or think he's going to pan out.

There is no reason to blame the guy for being picked.

when i heard what they gave up for him, i thought it was 80% because of his name and 20% because they thought he was worth it.

#9 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

I didn't have to watch him for 4 years...I watched him for like 2 games and came to this conclusion.

Then you missed out dolt.

#10 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

when i heard what they gave up for him, i thought it was 80% because of his name and 20% because they thought he was worth it.

I really don't buy the winning over App Fans angle. It's not a big school and they are all Panther fans already.

I think they thought they were being smart. :(

#11 smitty_89

smitty_89

Panther for Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Then you missed out dolt.

I meant I watched him for 2 games with the Panthers and determined that he wasn't worth the pick, not App St.

#12 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,817 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think Edwards is a great guy and has worked his butt off..... but he is just not going to pan out at the NFL level. He is just not quick enough to return KR/PR and is a whole lot better at plays QB than WR. This was one of Hurneys gambles that blew up in his face.

#13 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Armanti could work out for a team that wants a wildcat qb type player to switch things up... But with us cam is already that player. There is no point in putting him in when he is a undersized version of our qb. i went to app too and want armanti to succeed but its not happening here.we need to let him go and use that roster spot on someone who can contribute more.

#14 pawsandclaws

pawsandclaws

Speaker of the House

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

App State 1985 here and followed Armanti for 4 years as well. He is a QB. Not a punt returner or slot receiver. He is not an NFL quality QB unfortunately (though honestly I think he would have done better than Clausen.) As a punt returner he lacks that burst of speed to take it from 1st gear to 4th without hitting 2nd and 3rd. I think he's gone unless Marty wants to give him another year to cover his butt. 2 different coaches and both evidently thought he is not ready for prime time. I think he could tear it up in Canadian rules football though!

#15 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Cut Clausen

Keep Armanti as emergency QB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com