88 replies to this topic

#61 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I just think we should let Isreal do thy're thing. I am sure they are ready at a moments notice to take PREVENTIVE action just as soon as America and the the other allies give them the ok to do so.

I am sure they are already organized, ans could be prepared to go in a weeks notice. No reason for us to have to get involved in yet another war.

#62 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

From what i'm seeing, there's a clear difference in what the GOP is aiming to do. They all want to kick Obama out. But that doesn't mean they're best equipped to actually run this country. And it seems like their argument is "I can do a better job at it than him" or "He sucks and can't do anything right. He has no experience!!!"

I realize politics is all about that but they can at least be more subtle about it.

why would they want to nominate someone who CAN'T beat Obama? They wouldn't.

Basically it may come down to the lesser evil......worst GOP candidate is still better than what we currently have.

#63 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,958 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

can we start a thread complaining about that slack never earned a dollar in his life nogoodnik Stephen King?

We will if he were EVER elected president.

Typical CWG post.....has nothing intelligent to say, so he attempt to post a humorous quip....yet fails miserably again.

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yea like Acorn?? hahah Sorry, not impressed with his resume. I think he's going to go down as one of the worst presidents ever. It's a shame that he's our first black one.

ACORN, last refuge of the defeated.

But since you mentioned it http://www.nytimes.c...cs/11acorn.html

I know, real world vs. your mind, but it's the best I've got.

#65 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Pretty much you're saying that they're fragmented right now. The only thing I can see them coming together on is beating Obama somehow. I just don't think that'll be enough to take down Obama, unless they become more united.

Republicans are definitely banking on Obama uniting them. And the only GOP candidate that has been constant not-Obama is Romney.

#66 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

is the GOP's strategy really just to find someone that can beat Obama, or just to find the best candidate for the presidency? Because right now, from what I'm seeing, they're only looking for someone that can beat Obama in the election. And that bothers me greatly.

Can't be too difficult to find someone to beat Obama. Any candidate I've seen could do that, I would think given what we know now of Obama's leadership and management skills.

#67 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

ACORN, last refuge of the defeated.

Got to save that one for later.

#68 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

#69 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

why would they want to nominate someone who CAN'T beat Obama? They wouldn't.

Basically it may come down to the lesser evil......worst GOP candidate is still better than what we currently have.

What I'm getting at is that there's a fine line between putting forth the best candidate for a job and putting forth someone that can beat a particular opponent on a particular day. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. I just want to see what side of the line the GOP falls on, and now it's looking more like they want someone electable and unlike Obama, NOT someone that can pull us out of this mess in the first place. If the latter happens, fine, just as long as they get someone to kick Obama out.

#70 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,958 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

What I'm getting at is that there's a fine line between putting forth the best candidate for a job and putting forth someone that can beat a particular opponent on a particular day. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. I just want to see what side of the line the GOP falls on, and now it's looking more like they want someone electable and unlike Obama, NOT someone that can pull us out of this mess in the first place. If the latter happens, fine, just as long as they get someone to kick Obama out.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Step 1.....determine which candidates can beat Obama
Step 2.....select best candidate from the group determined in Step 1

If you pick someone that could not win the election against Obama (no matter what you think of them), it is a lost cause.

#71 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

I think that is exactly what the media and the powers that be want us to think.

They WANT us to think that "certain candidates" dont have a chance. If they repeat it enough, they will get us to believe, and instead vote for the candidate that THEY want us to think is the only one who can succeed.

I remember everyone in the media saying that Ron Paul never had a chance, but was pleasantly surprized to see that he was holding on last night until the very end. I am proud of the Americans who supported the candidate who they thought was best for the job instead of the candidate that the media tells us that we have to support.

Remember, The media has an agenda too, you cant just blindly beleive everything that they tell you.

#72 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Your mistake is the same one the Obama supporters made. That is thinking that there is "one" person who can pull us out of the mess. We live in a democracy, not a dictatorship. If we are going to fix things, it has to be a group effort. We need a group of people, congress and executive branch and maybe even a few citizens, who are willing to come to some sort of consensus and compromise on some key issues. We don't need some hard line conservative, liberal or libertarian coming in and saying its my way or else.

#73 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I never thought such a thing.

#74 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

I never thought such a thing.

Unless Tarheelpride is your alter ego, I wern't talking to you. :)

I imagine you voted for him, but by supporter I meant all those people running around in 2008 saying he could bring us together.

#75 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Your mistake is the same one the Obama supporters made. That is thinking that there is "one" person who can pull us out of the mess. We live in a democracy, not a dictatorship. If we are going to fix things, it has to be a group effort. We need a group of people, congress and executive branch and maybe even a few citizens, who are willing to come to some sort of consensus and compromise on some key issues. We don't need some hard line conservative, liberal or libertarian coming in and saying its my way or else.

Actually we live in a Constitutional republic, and only one candidate actually wants to follow the Constitution. Ron Paul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.