Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q&A with Jerry Richardson

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Q: Who do you consider tough? RICHARDSON: Thomas (Davis). There are others but in my judgment he's No. 1. (Davis, an outside linebacker, has torn the ACL in the same knee three times and is trying to come back.) I saw him (working out at Bank of America Stadium Wednesday) and I said, 'Every time I see you you're in here' and he said, 'Mr. Richardson, I'm going to be in here every time. And I'm going to beat the odds.' And I believe him.

Im gonna be praying for TD he's got the most heart ive ever seen in a football player i hope he overcomes the odds. Keep pounding TD

Posted

What is it about Armanti that coaches and management alike seems to be so patient with him. The dude can't play, cut him already. If he's sitting behind Seyi Ajirotutu on the roster, he doesn't deserve a roster spot.

Posted

Kirkpatrick is tough. I'm just excited to get some new players to come in through the draft, wanna get this defense to championship form

Posted

From the top....when asked what tough is, Jerry says Thomas Davis...That tells me he will have an opportunity to be on our roster, regardless of anything folks here think....contract wise, injury-prone wise, cap-hit wise, whatever....and I can get behind that. Go TD...

Posted

Also, from the top, sounds like Otah will be on the roster through mini-camp and training camp...the rest is up to him.....

Posted

Q: Who do you consider tough? RICHARDSON: Thomas (Davis). There are others but in my judgment he's No. 1. (Davis, an outside linebacker, has torn the ACL in the same knee three times and is trying to come back.) I saw him (working out at Bank of America Stadium Wednesday) and I said, 'Every time I see you you're in here' and he said, 'Mr. Richardson, I'm going to be in here every time. And I'm going to beat the odds.' And I believe him.

I can't imagine a more resounding endorsement than this...anyone who wants to believe otherwise might as well look elsewhere for something to bitch about since this will be in the mix in 2012.

Posted

LOOOOL!!! I saw that Sherrod Martin comment in the transcript and i thought it was a joke just to click on the real post to see it wasnt!!! HAHA That was classic.

Posted

I no think Martin will play safety for much longer. :)

Posted

Mark Barron.

Just think we're in a good spot with gamble and hogan at the corners with munnerlyn in the slot. We have no decent depth at S. Godfrey and Barron may be a good duo. If we go into next year with Pugh as a starter (assuming martin is gone) we'll be in a bad spot. barron has rare upper first round talent as a safety.

Posted

lol bye bye Sherrod's starting job. Seems like a good guy, but man has he sucked this year.

Posted

Barron's a SS, and I don't think he's actually upper 1st round talent. Those are rare, Eric Berry is the only one in recent history. I'm really hoping Markelle Martin (a FS) is available for us in the 2nd. My dream draft that addresses only defense and doesn't involve trades would go 1st: D-lineman (Coples, Still, whoever is best value and biggest boost to our line), 2nd: Markelle Martin, 4th: Cliff Harris

Posted

Mark Barron.

Just think we're in a good spot with gamble and hogan at the corners with munnerlyn in the slot. We have no decent depth at S. Godfrey and Barron may be a good duo. If we go into next year with Pugh as a starter (assuming martin is gone) we'll be in a bad spot. barron has rare upper first round talent as a safety.

How do you figure this one?