Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q&A with Jerry Richardson

83 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if Martin will get a look at Corner at all, or if he's gone. That was his position in college.

I thought martin was a safety in college that we drafted to play corner?

Posted

I thought martin was a safety in college that we drafted to play corner?

Nope, Martin was a CB at Troy.

edit: er, maybe not...seeing conflicting answers on the internets

Posted

more revealing than most owners would be. I love JR

Posted

How do you figure this one?

I really feel like Hogan will be starting next year, or at least have the opportunity to lose the job should we draft a CB high in the draft.. he has the edge over a rookie and from what little I've seen, it's been solid.. with more experience, I only expect him to improve on that..

Munnerlyn is a decent option at nickle.. Butler too..

I wonder if Martin will get a look at Corner at all, or if he's gone. That was his position in college.

I would think they have to try it before they release a decent draft pick... at least the start of TC..

Posted

What is it about Armanti that coaches and management alike seems to be so patient with him. The dude can't play, cut him already. If he's sitting behind Seyi Ajirotutu on the roster, he doesn't deserve a roster spot.

Thats why they do what they do, and you don't.

and buh bye martin :(

Posted

I'd really want one of our Mid-priced free agents to be a safety.

Like a Byron Scott, Jim Leonard, Tyvon Branch.

Thinking Landry and Griffin will out price us.

i would love landry...

Posted

Barron's a SS, and I don't think he's actually upper 1st round talent. Those are rare, Eric Berry is the only one in recent history. I'm really hoping Markelle Martin (a FS) is available for us in the 2nd. My dream draft that addresses only defense and doesn't involve trades would go 1st: D-lineman (Coples, Still, whoever is best value and biggest boost to our line), 2nd: Markelle Martin, 4th: Cliff Harris

He would be great for us. He's a tough player who has played well at safety on a bad defensive team.

Drafting Barron doesn't make sense.

Posted

I'd really want one of our Mid-priced free agents to be a safety.

Like a Byron Scott, Jim Leonard, Tyvon Branch.

Thinking Landry and Griffin will out price us.

I doubt the Jets let him go. He's very important in that defense, but if he's available I would love him here.

Posted

The Martin question made me cringe

Posted

Thats why they do what they do, and you don't.

and buh bye martin :(

They won't give up on Martin bc of one bad season.

Posted

They won't give up on Martin bc of one bad season.

Yes they will imo, Rivera is not playing around with these guys. Martin cannot tackle at all, he's always late to his spot, and doing all the wrong things that a player at safety should do. Will he be released? Probably not. But his starting job is definitely in jeopardy.

Posted

Yes they will imo, Rivera is not playing around with these guys. Martin cannot tackle at all, he's always late to his spot, and doing all the wrong things that a player at safety should do. Will he be released? Probably not. But his starting job is definitely in jeopardy.

Rivera really liked him coming in. he isn't always late to his spot......he was much better in that area the past 2 seasons.

This year has been more of the same.....therefore they don't give up on him. but I am all for competition for BOTH starting S jobs