Photo
- - - - -

Whats the worst timing you've left a company with?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

To be honest, I am not really happy with my current job, I make good enough money to allow my wife stay home and take care of our baby.

With my current job, I have been here for almost 2 years (will hit 2 year mark in a couple of months). I want to get into Medical device sales, and the company I am with is one of the best companies to work for, for people who want to transition out of business to business sales, into medical sales. So if I had taken that 100k job, I would be limiting myself to future opportunities. Plus since I graduated college, I have had 3 jobs in 10 years. So I need to be careful not to jump around too much, otherwise I will look like a job hopper on my resume.

#32 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Well that all makes sense.

#33 boo7382

boo7382

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

you have a wife and a kid? Holy poo.

#34 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

To be honest, I am not really happy with my current job, I make good enough money to allow my wife stay home and take care of our baby.

With my current job, I have been here for almost 2 years (will hit 2 year mark in a couple of months). I want to get into Medical device sales, and the company I am with is one of the best companies to work for, for people who want to transition out of business to business sales, into medical sales. So if I had taken that 100k job, I would be limiting myself to future opportunities. Plus since I graduated college, I have had 3 jobs in 10 years. So I need to be careful not to jump around too much, otherwise I will look like a job hopper on my resume.

Smart move....get into medical sales and that $100K you turned down will look like a bonus check. Couple of friends of mine have been with Boston Scientific for quite a few years. If that is one of the medical sales companies you were interested in when you are ready and need any info, let me know.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

If you are in sales that means nothing

#36 Kitten Diver

Kitten Diver

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

If you are in sales that means nothing

Agreed. Especially in sales.

I had a CFO tell me that in our current economy (and society) 3-5 years is the normal tenure expectancy at one job. Actually if you've had a job for more than 5 years and hold the same title/position you started with that is a big negative or moving up(or so I hear)
If youve had 7 jobs in your 10 years since college then yeah you're a risky hire.

Edited by Kitten Diver, 06 January 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#37 Hotsauce

Hotsauce

Future Training Camp MVP

HUDDLER

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

you have a wife and a kid? Holy poo.

lol....depends on which city you are asking about...

Posted Image