Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alshon Jeffrey Declares...

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah speed definitely makes a wide receiver. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitz are burners.........

don't think either of those guys are slower than jeffery. doesn't look like jeffery runs routes too well either.

Posted

Don't go on the Panthers Facebook page...people on there want to draft Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, Alshon Jeffery, and Tyrann Mathieu :)

Posted

don't think either of those guys are slower than jeffery. doesn't look like jeffery runs routes too well either.

:lol: Do you even know what constitutes as "good" route running or are you just trying to sound smarter than you are?

Posted

Rice's 1984 record-breaking season at Mississippi Valley caught the attention of many NFL scouts, but his speed (reportedly only 4.71 in the 40-yard dash) kept most wary

I doubt Jeffery is slower than 4.71, but if he is it isn't by much.

Posted

I hate vague terms like "route running" because it gives stupid people like the ones we see in this thread with no understanding of what it actually means something they can throw at the players they've deemed mentally that they either like or don't like and try to make it sound like they know what they are talking about to the ignorant masses, while posters who actually have an understanding of such things just laugh at how stupid they are.

Posted

:lol: Do you even know what constitutes as "good" route running or are you just trying to sound smarter than you are?

not sure if you're a condescending prick or just a troll.

either way, can you not tell the different between a good and a bad route?

i was on the alshon jeffery bandwagon before this season simply because of all the hype around him and the highlights i saw. decided to study up on the guy this season and he just seems lazy out there.

Posted

Hey there meany head! I went to this internet scouting site, and in it's October mock draft it said Jeffery wasn't super fast, so don't you dare tell me I didn't do my research.

Posted

Hey there meany head! I went to this internet scouting site, and in it's October mock draft it said Jeffery wasn't super fast, so don't you dare tell me I didn't do my research.

got em?

Posted

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Just-how-good-is-South-Carolina-WR-Alshon-Jeffery.html

Overview: A big wide out who lacks ideal top end speed and isn’t a real explosive self-starter. He does display a little short area quickness for his size, however, not enough to consistently create legit separation off the line. Does a great job extending his long arms and adjusting to the football and the further down the field he can stride the tougher he is to cover.

Nevertheless, he strikes me as a guy who is always going to have a tough time creating separation for himself at the next level. Will still be able to make his fair share of plays because of his “plus” jump ball ability and will be a dangerous threat inside the red zone where he doesn’t have to run away from defenders.

Overall, Jeffery looks like a more dynamic version of Seahawks wide out Mike Williams who will be limited in the routes he can run (fade, slant, post, corner) at the next level. But can still be successful as the “Z” receiver where he will be put in motion and used a lot in two man routes with the tight end running vertical and adjusting to the throw. However, he’s never going to be overly productive due to his inability to separate consistently of his breaks.

Grade: 6.8 S C

Posted

Don't worry about the butthurt Cock fan.

Posted

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Just-how-good-is-South-Carolina-WR-Alshon-Jeffery.html

Overview: A big wide out who lacks ideal top end speed and isn’t a real explosive self-starter. He does display a little short area quickness for his size, however, not enough to consistently create legit separation off the line. Does a great job extending his long arms and adjusting to the football and the further down the field he can stride the tougher he is to cover.

Nevertheless, he strikes me as a guy who is always going to have a tough time creating separation for himself at the next level. Will still be able to make his fair share of plays because of his “plus” jump ball ability and will be a dangerous threat inside the red zone where he doesn’t have to run away from defenders.

Overall, Jeffery looks like a more dynamic version of Seahawks wide out Mike Williams who will be limited in the routes he can run (fade, slant, post, corner) at the next level. But can still be successful as the “Z” receiver where he will be put in motion and used a lot in two man routes with the tight end running vertical and adjusting to the throw. However, he’s never going to be overly productive due to his inability to separate consistently of his breaks.

Grade: 6.8 S C

Love how you basically copy and pasted everything from the "What I don't like..." part and failed to include any of the positives on him. Good try though. Next.

Posted

I've seen Alshon get down the field quickly enough for the QB to lob the ball to him. Is Alshon's lack of speed a direct result of his weight, or is it he just lacks natural speed? Because if it's a weight issue, he can lose a few pounds and mold his body to build speed.