• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

ESPN's Scout Insider now ranks Michael Brockers the top DT in this class, ahead of Devon Still, with an overall grade of 92. Anyone know anything about this guy? I couldn't find much video on him, and I was did find wasn't overly impressive.

http://insider.espn....ayer/_/id/28980

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

On a related note, they seem real high on the whole LSU D-line, they've bumped their two DEs also, to the #4 and 5 DEs, even though they're both WAY undersized to play a 4-3 DE. One of them has a great name though, Barkevious Mingo. w.t.f.

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

He is a redshirt sophomore, and I don't think he is declaring. Does that article say he is going to declare?

#4 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

surprised there hasn't been more love for their DTs/entire dline.

every time i've watched LSU they seem to be pretty solid

#5 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

I don't think any of them have declared yet, haven't heard one way or the other. If he's the top rated DT, I can't imagine why he'd risk not being the top DT next year.

#6 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

yeah their DL is pretty good. Brockers played well this season and Mingo is an absolute freak. him and Sam are very athletic DE's that could also probably play some 3-4 OLB. they also had a freshmen DT that was pretty good cant remember his name but he wears #56.

#7 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Anthony Johnson is the Frosh 300+ lbs as a true frosh. Bigtime recruit. Going to be a beast. Mingo still looks like a hoops player. Another summer in the weight room and he's going to be a bigtime pick

#8 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,976 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

what is a frosh?

#9 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

what is a frosh?

Freshman.

I've never figured out why they shorten it to fridge, but all the college analysts use it

#10 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

i think it's best to stay away from Dline prospects on a good Dline....for the first round anyway.

it's too hard to see if they were the product of a good line or good on their own.

#11 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

i think it's best to stay away from Dline prospects on a good Dline....for the first round anyway.

it's too hard to see if they were the product of a good line or good on their own.

good point. Take the guy who gets doubled every week and still gets the job done. Not any in this draft.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

ok...i've been doing some looking into this kid and i'm liking him more and more.

still really raw and he probably won't go in the draft this year but if he did he might be the top DT in the class. of course competition is pretty crappy, but still i think he'd be better than a guy like still or whoever else.

i've seen some remarks saying that if he entered the draft this year he would be a top 10 pick. saw a comment from a guy talking to a scout that said he would be the 2nd taken in the draft. now i don't know about that, but i've seen comparisons to suh.

about what i said earlier re: him being maybe a product of a good dline, the people talking about that defense on the team said that they consider him the anchor not just of the Dline but of the defense itself.

there isn't much in the way of highlights that i can find but one of them is a very athletic diving INT and another was a blocked FG attempt in the NCG(?).

the dude is a physical freak and could very well be one of these guys who can make an impact right away.

i'm not crazy about taking a DT in round 1 this year, but i think this guy could make a strong case for being taken as early as we will be picking.

as a prospect i like him more than just about any DT.

that may change in time, but thats certainly the direction i'm heading, fwiw (which isn't much).

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Has he declared ? He is RedShirt Softmore

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Do we really need another rookie on the interior? I'd rather sign a couple FAs on defense

#15 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Do we really need another rookie on the interior? I'd rather sign a couple FAs on defense

I am with you. At least not in the first round. It'd be different if there was a stud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.