Photo
- - - - -

Rivera and Newton looking forward to next year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

man I think we are going to be dangerous next year

Just need a solid defense

#17 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Cam needs to work on his leadership skills- who would have thought it?

#18 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Compare his leadership skills to a normal job. If a new guy is hired as a leader, his is usually careful not to assert his authority too quickly. He needs to learn his job, everyone else's job, and dynamics. He begins assessing personnel, analyzing strengths and weaknesses, and in due time-- he takes the reins.

Now imagine that manager was straight out of college and had millions watching his every move. Imagine that millions had already labeled him, millions wanted him to fail. He was criticized in public (rightly so) and prodded, but everyone forgets--the kid is 22 years old. THere is no learning curve, no training period (lockout)--and he shocks even those who had the highest of expectations for him. And some want to question a towel over his head or a scowl. Please. He will outgrow that, but I like the fact that he is not smiling and laughing it up with members of the team that just whipped our butts. Others call the superman thing arrogant. Damn right it is--I want my QB to have loads of confidence--I saw Clausen play 11 games in a row. But he respects the game, the veterans, and he hands footballs to children in the stands.

I was a Cam Hater. Not based on race, but the skill set and success history may have been. It was based on questions about intelligence (spread system) and character. Character? What has he done since coming here, short of pouting during a loss, that is anything but the same kind of character you find in Tom Brady or Drew Brees?

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

They're not the only ones.

I am too.

#20 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Next season cant get here soon enough..cant wait. If our defense can even improve half as much as our offense did this season, wow. Getting Gettis back is going to be nice too, weapons everywhere.

#21 PantherBase

PantherBase

Talking with my fingers!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Cant wait till next year..The panthers are looking up! Just need some help on defense and players to stay healthy.

#22 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

What am I going to do with my life until next season starts?