Photo
- - - - -

US Ship Enters Iranian Waters, Boards Ship, Takes Prisoners.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

The Iranians on the the ship were OK with it though.:D

http://mobile.nytime...-the-rescue.xml

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

I don't think they entered Iranian waters

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

Pretty cool story.

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Sounds like propaganda to me. These guys were held captive by pirates for over a month and they just so happened to get a distress call out as a US naval ship was passing by?

I hate to be like venom, but with the Iranian threats about the Strait of Hormuz coming last week and now this, it just seems too perfectly timed to be legitimate.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Sounds like propaganda to me. These guys were held captive by pirates for over a month and they just so happened to get a distress call out as a US naval ship was passing by?

I hate to be like venom, but with the Iranian threats about the Strait of Hormuz coming last week and now this, it just seems too perfectly timed to be legitimate.

Actually, this kind of stuff happens quite a bit and is rarely reported, but it made the news this time because of the recent Iran threat. For example, a few months ago, a US cruiser stopped an attack on a phillippines flagged vessel, and not a word was heard of it in the media. Although I have no doubt the government saw the recent incident as a public relations/possible diplomatic opportunity and played it up a bit. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 07 January 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#6 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

that's not exactly how it went down. Some guys were held captive for 45 days. The pirates then went after another boat, which was able to call for help and keep the pirates from boarding it. There happened to be a US force a couple miles away that sent help when they heard the distress call.

#7 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't think they entered Iranian waters

Ah crap I meant to say Persian Gulf.

#8 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

that's not exactly how it went down. Some guys were held captive for 45 days. The pirates then went after another boat, which was able to call for help and keep the pirates from boarding it. There happened to be a US force a couple miles away that sent help when they heard the distress call.

ah gotcha. Thanks for the details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com