• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

1st round, pick 9
D'Andre "Dre" Kirkpatrick, CB out of Alabama
Posted Image
- Panthers needs a new Corner, and with Dre being the only player on our need positions that has the talent for 9th overall, it's a shoe-in if we stay put at 8/9

2nd round, Pick 41
Vontaze Burfict, LB out of Arizona State
Posted Image
- Classic tale of a big talent that doesn't get the most out of it during college.. Rivera is linebacker by trade and a defensive coach, he would love a raw talent like Burfict who with some Diciplin and veteran leadership could be a fantastic LB, either inside or out on the SOLB

4th round, Pick 105
Kevin Zeitler, OG out of Wisconsin
Posted Image
- Classic "mauler" no-nonsense big heavy guard that can help both Cam and the running attack, has been vital in giving Montee Ball a shot at a Heismann, might be able to play RT, but I would prefer guard

5th round, Pick 136
Emmanuel Acho, ILB out of Texas
Posted Image
- Dan Connor wants to test Free Agency and therefore we need a backup in the middle for Beason, Acho lacks optimal size but he's smart and instinctive! he drops a bit due to injury concerns, but will provide much needed depth for our injury prone LB corps

6th round, Pick 169
Duke Ihenacho, SS out of San Jose State
Posted Image
- A Special Teams "Ace" Hits like a mule, good top end speed, but he lacks burst and is raw and will therefore primarily play on ST

6th round, Compensation pick (for Jeff King)
Jeff Demps, RB out of Florida
Posted Image
- Rivera wants a Scat-Back, and no back is more Scat than the 5ft8/185lbs Demps who is rumoured down to 4.18 on the 40 and has timed 10.01 on the 100 meters in High School, can also be used on Returns if Pilares and Armanti can't get it done

7th round, Pick 200
Drew Butler, P out of Georgia
Posted Image
- One thing we can almost all agree on, is that dropping Kasay and Re-signing Baker was a stupid move, Baker was horrible last year and it's time to throw a pick at the best punter in this class

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

I'd take that.

I doubt Burfict lasts to our second pick though. I love his motor and intensity, but discipline is a huge factor for this kid but he has a high ceiling.

#3 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I like Burfict, but I have to admit, the guy has a lot of work to do. Not only does he have to work on his discipline, but he is going to have work his butt off to better shape his body. It seems he had one too many doughnuts at college. Even though I love his upside, that is way too many things to be straightened out.

We get on Alshon about his body, but Burfict takes the cake.

#4 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I like the draft but burfict has too many question marks maybe we could grab Markelle Martin from OSU

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,912 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

If for whatever reason Burfict falls to the second round, and you do not draft him, you would be the stupidest GM/coach of all time. He is a relentless beast and the type of motor and attitude we need on defense. Especially with Rivera being a defensive/linebacker guy. There is enough leadership on the team to keep Burfict in check. Rivera is a great disciplinarian.

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Between Rivera and Beason, he(Burfict) will learn discipline. Hey, we have Steve Smith, we can teach the LB also.

Good mock, but like others, worry that the 2nd and 4th rounder will not be around.

#7 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

How is anyone surprised by Burflict's rankings? He's actually a borderline 2nd round pick and there's some talk about him falling into the 3rd round.

There's a few things going against him right now,

1st - Attitude
2nd - Lack of pass rush moves
3rd - Instincts aren't elite, using his eyes too much (resulting in him being poor in recognizing screens and mis-direction plays.
4th - Lack of production with his talent the majority of his seasons in college. (1 good statistical season, when he should've dominated)

#8 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Don't like the SS pick or the Demps pick.

If anything we need a FS. Demps will just turn into a Darius Reynaud.

#9 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

How is anyone surprised by Burflict's rankings? He's actually a borderline 2nd round pick and there's some talk about him falling into the 3rd round.

There's a few things going against him right now,

1st - Attitude
2nd - Lack of pass rush moves
3rd - Instincts aren't elite, using his eyes too much (resulting in him being poor in recognizing screens and mis-direction plays.
4th - Lack of production with his talent the majority of his seasons in college. (1 good statistical season, when he should've dominated)

Why would we take him with all these negatives lol

#10 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 2,856 posts
  • Location910

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Don't understand the love affair with Burfict, I think all these people in love with him have
A. Never seen him play
B. Done very little research on him

How anyone that has done either of the two and still want him is beyond me

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'm weary of Burfict, but like this mock

#12 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

VB could fall because he is a head case.
I like this, but is everyone forgetting Hogan?
Say we take Dre in the first, I think I would take the best and smartest free safety in the draft, Markelle Martin, who should be there at #42, according to most mocks.
If you wait until the fourth round for OLB, there could be a Sean Spence, Nigel Bradham, or someone like that.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'm weary of Burfict, but like this mock

Mee tooo.

He is a stud, but not between the ears.

Give me Lavonte David over him in the second. Or My preference, Markelle Martin, FS.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

VB could fall because he is a head case.
I like this, but is everyone forgetting Hogan?
Say we take Dre in the first, I think I would take the best and smartest free safety in the draft, Markelle Martin, who should be there at #42, according to most mocks.
If you wait until the fourth round for OLB, there could be a Sean Spence, Nigel Bradham, or someone like that.

This

#15 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

I wouldn't mine Burfict if he fell to us in the 2nd, but I'd LOVE to get Markelle if he's available to us in the 2nd. Don't care for Kirkpatrick but if he can turn into a good NFL CB and we get Markelle and he is what we think he is, that will go a LONG way toward fixing our D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.