Photo
- - - - -

Just Kobe being Kobe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#13 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Guys LBJ is still a top player in the NBA, if not, the best.

I personally like Durant the best, but you could argue LBJ.

LBJ is physically a beast, almost unguardable, can rebound, is a great passer, and can play D. The problem with LBJ is his mentality. He doesn't have the mentality to even be in the talks as the GOAT. All this came into light several years ago in the playoffs vs Boston. He will never touch Magic, never touch Kobe, and certainly not MJ. Having said that he has to be considered up there for the best player now.

Kobe is having a great year this year which is a bit surprising as he is aging and he is injured.

I'm no LBJ hater like most people but come on. He's the mamba. Straight ice water flowing through his veins. Kobe in his prime shames LBJ and is the best offensive player I've ever seen. NOT BEST PLAYER, best all around offensive game.

durant has plenty of time to show us his jordan gene but LBJ def doesn't have it.

#14 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

Blazing Trails Thru the NFC South

HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

What separates the great from the legendary is the mental toughness. LeBrick James has NONE OF IT. He has no clutch gene, he has no killer instincts, he is a mental midget and a complete coward when the game is on the line.

Kobe WANTS the ball in intense game-on-the-line situations. LeBrick looks for batman to bail him out.

Durant has shown this quality too, the rare clutch gene. Among many other players, such as Rose. LeBrick is certainly the most physically talented player in the NBA, you won't hear me argue that.. but he is near the bottom of the list of players I'd want to take that last shot.

Duuuuuude, that's kind of harsh.

I like it. :D

#15 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Duuuuuude, that's kind of harsh.

I like it. :D

and it's completely true. you can just look at players, see their body language, the look in their eyes... you see it in Kobe, Wade, and somewhat in Durant(although not even comparable to Kobe/Wade, yet).

The best basketball I've ever watched is when Kobe or Wade go fuging OFF in the 4th quarter to put a team away or bring their teams back. When they go into this mode, they are UNSTOPPABLE. They are LeBrick before the 4th quarter.

#16 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:14 AM

I'd never argue if you said that Lebron was one of the most talented players, but he just doesn't seem to want to win the way some other guys do.

#17 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

I'd never argue if you said that Lebron was one of the most talented players, but he just doesn't seem to want to win the way some other guys do.

yep it's obvious he cares more about what people think of him and being a celebrity. you think Kobe gives a fug what people think of him outside of basketball? not at all.

I really don't want to dislike LeBron. Someone as physically dominant and gifted at he is, if he developed that "I don't give a fug about anything but basketball" attitude that Kobe/MJ/etc had, it would be amazingly fun to watch.. it's just not something you can teach, you either have it or you don't.

#18 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

I do not like Lebron because I think "The Decision" debacle was ridiculous, but I also think he is one of the greatest talents to play the game yet he lacks the killer instinct to really win consistently with clutch shots. Perhaps he can develop it, but I think the reason he wanted to play with D-Wade was precisely because Wade has that instinct... so he doesn't need to be the one to win the game for his team in the end.

#19 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Kobe has bee ballin this year, I think the lockout really helped him rest up and heal up (though his wrist is still hurt). I think playing almost year round for the last few years between the playoff runs and the USA team really wore him down, he looks fresher than he has in years. We'll see how this compressed season affects him, but the Lakers are looking good right now