Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

The Star Argument

150 posts in this topic

just too lazy to list all the theories bra...If one take's the higher power/ unknown being out of the equation it becomes significantly more difficult to solve. isIrong?

Uh, no?

I think a more logical (and adult) approach to the matter would be to admit "we really don't know how all this happened" rather than offer the explanation of "the Magical guy did it."

Uh, no?

I think a more logical (and adult) approach to the matter would be to admit "we really don't know how all this happened" rather than offer the explanation of "the Magical guy did it."

I dont know how it happened. Neither do you. To look at the mountains and oceans and canyons and not realize a higher power is full on raturd imo.

I dont know how it happened. Neither do you. To look at the mountains and oceans and canyons and not realize a higher power is full on raturd imo.

Wait... so your evidence of a higher power is you don't understand how it could happen without a higher power?

Wait... so your evidence of a higher power is you don't understand how it could happen without a higher power?

yep

yep

Sad.

That's as if Kennedy decided we should go to Detroit instead of the Moon because going to the Moon was kind of hard.

Except you know what you get when you go to Detroit. haha

isnt it though.

Yeah... being proud of one's ignorance always is.

Yeah... being proud of one's ignorance always is.

ignorance is bliss. Your user name just gave me a great idea for dinner. Come on 5!

There are billions upon billions of stars, and even more planets. As remarkable as the habitability of the Earth is, it is a plausible scenario given the sheer size of the universe. If God can't control himself to reveal his true self then he is not omnipotant. He should be capable of anything or he's not god. Or whatever notion we have of god or what we have come to define as god does not exist. I find it just as plausible if not more so that "God" is actually an alien or other civilization then he is a magical character.

Yes I agree people's notion of who God is, is wrong, but that is only natural given the situation of where we are now. The world doesn't know God, but that doesn't stop God from telling us who He is. We all agree that unless God (if He exists) tell us who He is, all this other stuff with religion is very pointless, and is humanity's best guess at the unknown.

Stop capitalizing "He, Him, Himself, etc."

You look silly.

This is my way (and not my own way) of honoring God's name. Truthfully, I get a lot of joy in doing so.:D

Furthermore, please continue disregarding all pre-Christian religions and myths to justify your illogical argument. It is amusing.

Going back to what I was telling OBAC, unless God tells us who He is, should He exist, everything else is just our best guess at the unknown. I know some of you will ask me, if I feel that way about religion, why do I accept the Christian view? To put it simply, if there was any truth to some of those ancient beliefs, they would still be in the forefront of our day to day lives. What I mean by that is, if the Egyptian gods were real, shouldn't I know a little something about the beliefs surrounding them? Shouldn't these real gods have some kind of impact on my life? Just about nobody today in Egypt hold to beliefs in the ancient gods of that time.

The same could be said for the greek gods, the gods of the native americans, and even the ancient gods of Japan. It's very different with Christianity. The prophecy of God keeping a remnant of Israel, inspite of all the enemies that came up against that nation, Israel still exist. Even the power house back in the day known as Rome couldn't completely wipe the name Israel off the map forever. The gospel is continually being preached around the world. I bet you more people know about Jesus in Japan, than those who know about Susanoo here in the US. For such a backyard belief started by a small group of believers in the middle-east, it has grown to where it is today. All of this was prophesied in the Bible, and it has come true. This tells me there is something more to this belief than the others.

There are actually many parallels to Roman/Greek/ and Egyptian stories to the those of the Bible and Christ. Roman civilization was wiped. Part of the wide spread popularity also has to do with the fact that Christianity is an all including and forgiving religion. That heaven is meant for all, not just Kings and Pharohs.

Going back to what I was telling OBAC, unless God tells us who He is, should He exist, everything else is just our best guess at the unknown. I know some of you will ask me, if I feel that way about religion, why do I accept the Christian view? To put it simply, if there was any truth to some of those ancient beliefs, they would still be in the forefront of our day to day lives. What I mean by that is, if the Egyptian gods were real, shouldn't I know a little something about the beliefs surrounding them? Shouldn't these real gods have some kind of impact on my life? Just about nobody today in Egypt hold to beliefs in the ancient gods of that time.

The same could be said for the greek gods, the gods of the native americans, and even the ancient gods of Japan. It's very different with Christianity. The prophecy of God keeping a remnant of Israel, inspite of all the enemies that came up against that nation, Israel still exist. Even the power house back in the day known as Rome couldn't completely wipe the name Israel off the map forever. The gospel is continually being preached around the world. I bet you more people know about Jesus in Japan, than those who know about Susanoo here in the US. For such a backyard belief started by a small group of believers in the middle-east, it has grown to where it is today. All of this was prophesied in the Bible, and it has come true. This tells me there is something more to this belief than the others.

Like taking pieces from the religions that came before it and adapting it so it fits in with locals to make it more palatable?

1 person likes this