Photo
- - - - -

The Star Argument

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
155 replies to this topic

#151 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

This thread is still going on?

No, it is all just a dream.

#152 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Really? I had no idea there were filmmakers in 5th century Greece... Or a Zeitgeist... Or that Pindar had a website.... or that there were websites 2500 years ago...

Ah well, a deals a deal... I'm using Pindar's writings as my version. I'm not sure who did the translation so I'll have to wait til I get back home to find out.

So... do we quibble about it being a translation til then?

Eta: Oh wait! What am I thinking? If i leave it as is, you'll jump on that first bit & try to settle there so let me be clear. I wasn't using the internet, I was using a book. I don't know if those sites are using Zeitgeist as a source or not but I doubt "all" of them were. Seeing as it was mentioned by at least a few writers... you know, before this internet thing... I would guess that some of them read those same books.

Who the fug said anything about film makers in Greece? My point is that the original mythos don't say what you're saying.

Which of Jindar's odes were you using?

I haven't read Jindar since literature class as a high school freshman, but this is the closest I could find to what you are saying:

http://books.google....,584,715&edge=0

If that's what you're talking about, I really suggest reading a little better.

#153 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

So why did those countries carve out a piece of land and send them back? Why didn't they allow them to live and become apart of their countries? The american slaves were persecuted, and they weren't sent back to Africa once they were freed. There have been many other groups of people that were persecuted, and their cultures either faded out of existence or they assimilated into the countries they were livingi in.

The prophecy of a remnant of people coming back into the land has been fulfilled. If it didn't happen the way it did, it would have happened another way. Yet the prophecy has been fulfilled. And this isn't some kind of prophecy that anyone could have guessed would happen. As you said, the nation was wiped off the map for almost 2,000 years and it didn't look like it was coming back. Yet it came back, and is one of the most advanced nations in terms of scientific research. (So this isn't some weak country)

Ultimately, God spoke promises in His word, just like many other gods spoke promises in their scriptures. However the key difference is, God made good on His promises.

Self fulfilling prophecy. Think of all the Christians and Jews who wanted this prophecy to come true and how hard they worked at it for it to make it happen. (zioinist movement)

For example, I know a couple who had a pastor who claimed to be a prophet tell them they were going to have two children. They were so excited to hear this. They went out and had two children and claimed the prophecy was fulfilled and it strengthened their faith. :rolleyes5: dumbasses

#154 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Who the fug said anything about film makers in Greece? My point is that the original mythos don't say what you're saying.

You brought up Zeitgeist Sparky. Don't get mad because you make assumptions & can't keep your own arguments straight.

Which of Jindar's odes were you using?

Pythian ode 3 Iirc, but again... I'll have to find out which translation it is.

I haven't read Jindar since literature class as a high school freshman, but this is the closest I could find to what you are saying:

http://books.google....,584,715&edge=0

If that's what you're talking about, I really suggest reading a little better.

Nope. That's not it.

Eta: Oh, and just to point out how intellectually dishonest you are, What is your evidence that "all" of those sites got their info from Zeitgeist?

Edited by BBQ&Beer, 16 January 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#155 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

no thread rating yet?

Ill give it 1 invisible star monster out of 5 :)

#156 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

You brought up Zeitgeist Sparky. Don't get mad because you make assumptions & can't keep your own arguments straight.

Yes I brought up Zeitgeist. What's your point? How did you assume that Zeitgeist was made thousands of years ago?
My point was Zeitgeist was ill-researched (as admitted by the makers) and was not based off any mythology, but on the spread of misinformation.

Pythian ode 3 Iirc, but again... I'll have to find out which translation it is.

You're really questioning my "intellectual honesty" when you can't name your own source?
Then you name an ode to an ill king that celebrates his horses and tells the story of Asclepius and a doctor that Pindar wishes was available to said ill king?

Nope. That's not it.

Have you found it yet?

Eta: Oh, and just to point out how intellectually dishonest you are, What is your evidence that "all" of those sites got their info from Zeitgeist?

Zeitgeist and Religulous are the two biggest contributors to this lie. You found something more obscure? Good for you.