Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucs Interviewing Chud

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I wouldn't be worried about this. TB will go with a defensive guy and Zimmer would be a great fit and will interview well. That franchise has been at its best when their defense is dominant. They've declined dramatically over the last few years. Offense shouldn't be a problem if they stay healthy. Chud is a good guy and an awesome coordinator, but he just won't leave a front office feeling great about an interview with him. In any event, they'll want a defensive guy setting the tone from day one.

Posted

I'd be surprised if they went the young/unproven route again after what they've been through... the majority of the other guys they've interviewed have HC experience.

Posted

I agree, he never seems to have the demeanor, or the fire a head coach usually has.

And you know this how?

Posted

No, we can't. You can't deny a coordinator/coach a chance at an interview for a job that would be a promotion.

ugh....yes you can.

i just depends on the time of year.

fro the end of the teams season to march 1 everyone is fair game. after march 1, though, teams can opt to not give permission.

only exception is that once you have given one team permission you have to give them all permission.

Posted

Yeah, we should just fire him for wanting to make more money and reach the pinnacle of his profession, right?

You were great at your job Chud, but you stay in that role forever damnit, Cam needs you and his goals are more important than yours, comprende?

Every single offensive coordinator in the NFL wants to be a coach. Taking any kind of offense to that is silly.

It's like being mad that your backup QB left to take a starting gig somewhere else in free agency. "Oh I guess he wasn't committed to the team! :mad:"

You two overreact much...

Posted

You two overreact much...

Really? Were we the ones who said he's obviously not committed to stay here long term and say we hope someone just takes him because of that?

Posted

so wait, even though he's under contract with us he can leave no problem if they offer him the job? cause if he gets the offer from rams or dolphins then whatever, but to a division rival id tell him he has to wait for his contract to expire for that poo. last thing we need is 2 games that should be easy gimmes to be incredibly difficult since he knows our entire team

Posted

can we stop him? it would set a pretty bad precedent

I know it sends a bad message, bu t there are plenty of other teams that he can try to go to without going to a division rival, especially one that could be dangerous because of Freeman's talents. Not to mention that he would just give the Bucs our entire playbook.

I am ok with him getting permission to interview for any team outside of the division, but i think that denying the Bucs permission to steal our co-ordinator (and playbook) is reasonable, and shouldnt be held against them. It would be detrimental to our franchise.

Posted

so wait, even though he's under contract with us he can leave no problem if they offer him the job? cause if he gets the offer from rams or dolphins then whatever, but to a division rival id tell him he has to wait for his contract to expire for that poo. last thing we need is 2 games that should be easy gimmes to be incredibly difficult since he knows our entire team
in the window we are in right now the panthers can't stop him. teams can ask, but it's more of a courtesy than anything.

teams also can't pick and choose what teams they allow to talk to their guys about promotions or anything. you ok it for one and you have to do it for all.

Posted

Chud's interviews go like this:

Team: "So, Rob, how would describe your leadership style?"

Chud: "Cam"

Team: "Uh, okay, and how do approach meetings and schedules?"

Chud: "Cam"

Team: "Thanks for coming out."

1 person likes this

Posted

It is funny that he's been to all these interviews and to my knowledge has not overly impressed, or particularly shined enough to be a front runner in any of these job searches. I mean the Jags hired Mularky for christ sakes! Mularky!

Posted

It is funny that he's been to all these interviews and to my knowledge has not overly impressed, or particularly shined enough to be a front runner in any of these job searches. I mean the Jags hired Mularky for christ sakes! Mularky!

Without knowing what happened in the interviews, there could be many good reasons why they went in another direction without it being a knock on Chud.

For example, he may have told them that he needed a different QB to run the system he prefers. The Jags aren't ready to give up on Gabbert, so a coach that prefers a system that happens to fit Gabbert's abilities makes more sense for them.

Or take St. Louis. Jeff Fisher has a track record. Chud doesn't. Maybe they weren't ready for a leap of faith at this point.

Etc.