29 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

At the end of last year I thought UNC would be in the final four this year, no questions asked. I hereby rescind that statement and disavow all knowledge of any posts that may have been made by me.

It's not just because FSU is throttling them. But I just don't think they have what it takes to win that many games in a row against quality competition. Too inconsistent.

#2 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

I agree, they dont have that killer instinct this year....sad, cause they are so loaded. Everybody has been comparing this team to the 05' and 08' teams, but these guys are not even close to those two talented teams. If the mental game is not there, then your not going to win championships, I dont care who you have on your team.

Do you think its because everyone is looking ahead to the draft?

#3 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Honestly don't know what the problem is. One thing for sure in this game was they just got flat outplayed...in every facet of the game.

I honestly thought this team would be better than 09...couldn't have been further from the truth. I think going into this year I expected Barnes to be much better than he has been. He's just not a dominant player. He's a really good player, just can't seem to take a team on his back when the chips are down...something you'd expect from a projected top 5 pick. As far as killer instinct...McCants, Lawson, Ellington, Hansbrough all had it...Barnes, not so much.

#4 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

WoW!!!!!

#5 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Playing all them sisters of the blind tech didn't help.

#6 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,916 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Plenty of room on the HEELS bandwagon this year.

#7 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Playing all them sisters of the blind tech didn't help.

but it sure has helped K win a lot of games!

#8 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

Harrison Barnes is way overrated, Kendall Marshall doesn't play defense, Henson doesn't play offense, and Roy Williams really isn't a superstar coach (flame on for that if you want, K wins with much less talent).

Last year's elite 8 run was all about playing the easiest possible path to the elite 8. Kindof like Duke and their championship run 2 seasons ago.

#9 The TrueGrit

The TrueGrit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

they will be fine. I didn't think they would win it all anyways. I picked Syracuse at the beginning of the season to win it.

#10 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

but it sure has helped K win a lot of games!

You Mad!!!

http://search.yahoo....sh&fr=slv8-yma4

#11 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

You Mad!!!

http://search.yahoo....sh&fr=slv8-yma4

nope, stated a fact. At least Roy didn't flat out say if he had known he would have faked an illness, or have a fake seizure on the floor.

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

nope, stated a fact. At least Roy didn't flat out say if he had known he would have faked an illness, or have a fake seizure on the floor.

Yeah you Mad. LOL!!!!:D

#13 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Harrison Barnes is way overrated, Kendall Marshall doesn't play defense, Henson doesn't play offense, and Roy Williams really isn't a superstar coach (flame on for that if you want, K wins with much less talent).

Last year's elite 8 run was all about playing the easiest possible path to the elite 8. Kindof like Duke and their championship run 2 seasons ago.

At this point in time, it's hard to argue with you there. He really hasn't gotten any better since last year, and looks to me like he's actually regressed a little.

Kendall does play defense, he's just not quick enough to stay in front of guys...it's not for lack of effort.

As far as K winning with much less talent...give me a break. The guy gets his fair share of 5 star's. Wasn't Rivers the #1 player out of last year's class?

#14 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Yeah you Mad. LOL!!!!:D

Lol, yeah you pegged me! I mad cause my team lost. You're happy cause your team beat the Heels!

#15 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

In 05 the Heels had 3 players with heart and a chip on their shoulder...May, McCants, and Felton.

In 09 they had Hansbrough, Lawson, and Ellington. Lord knows Hansbrough had more emotion and will to win than this years team combined.

This years teams bigs are soft, they don't go to the rim hard, Zeller gets the ball knocked loose way to much, Henson settles for a jumper, and Barnes plays the game in his head instead of by instinct. McAdoo just can't find his role or shot yet...shoots to many jumpers. The backcourt has Marshall who can't score and can't guard quick pgs...basically he doesn't need to be defended on offense. Strickland playing the 2 isn't a good shooter and rarely shoots a 3. Bullock is a streaky shooter at best and usually shoots to quick in the possession. PJ shot has left him...he couldn't miss at the start of the season so I'm wondering if he has a nagging injury.

I actually don't blame Roy. He can't help his players make good decisions or have heart/intensity. I do wish he would start PJ of Bullock at the 2. It would give a 3pt threat at the start of games....granted Strickland has better D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com