Photo
- - - - -

How far are we from getting Our defense to play Like San Fran?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

The ones I know of:
Braylon Edwards - bad signing
David Akers- great signing
Carlos Rogers- great signing
Johnathon Goodwin- from New Orleans, good signing
Donte Whitner- great signing

That is how you supplement through FA.

I know man... We had a chance at Rodgers. Sometimes I wish our FO had more balls.

#32 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I like the way they hit; but fug they just gave up one winning score after another, San Fran's offense capitalized on New Orleans not being able to stop anything

#33 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

What a random team...since when is SF the standard for defense.

#34 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,448 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

We'll get there. Rivera had a top ranked defense in San Diego. He will bring in guys and make cuts until he has assembled his perfect defense. Not sure how long it will take. I think we will make huge strides this offseason.

#35 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,288 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

I know man... We had a chance at Rodgers. Sometimes I wish our FO had more balls.

It hurts every time I think about it. One of the many reasons why I don't like Hurney.

#36 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

I like Goldson a lot. The 49ers got him in the 4th round too.

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

i think we'll be a lot closer to that next year than people think.

getting key guys healthy is key.

we'll probably see an upgrade at CB and FS. hopefully one at DT and TD's replacement will be brought in as well.

once we have that and better coaching in the secondary plus a full offseason and a year of experience under these guys belts we'll be solid.

i think one thing that people don't realize is quite a few of the guys who will be considered depth next year will have had tons of PT and even starting experience. that means quality and experienced depth and a solid rotation.

i'm pumped to see what happens with this defense next year. rivera has a history of turning defenses around and i'm confident he'll do it with this one.

i don't know that we'll be top 5, but i can see top 10-15.

#38 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,171 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

those swings and misses make you shy.

#39 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

The thing that really stood out to me in this game is how fast the SF defense played. I don't know how our players stack up 40 yard dash-wise, but SF's defense plays much, much faster than ours.

They still gave up plenty of short passes, but their guys closed on the receiver so fast that the YAC were held to a minimum.

Harbaugh and Fangio have done a great job with that team. COTY lock, no questions.

#40 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

those swings and misses make you shy.

Understandable, but I don't think any of those guys they signed cost big bucks. I know they got Rogers on a 1 year deal for a little over $2 million. Not sure about the rest.

#41 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Coach conditioning....it's coming...roster trims and new personnel. Last year was utilizing what we had. This year will start the move towards what we need. I totally trust that Rivera can put a top 5 defense on the field. Even more important? Put a "D" on the field that will win our division.

#42 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

how many free agents did San Fran pick up this year?

Their defense was already very good before Harbaugh. I think they added a couple guys but really the team is just stacked at every unit. Secondary might be kinda weak but it's still serviceable and not a liability.

That LB unit though..... fuuuuuu, soooo good. Willis is the best 3-4 ILB and Bowman isn't far behind him(prob top 5).

#43 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

A very big NT, Draft Coples, Get a Corner to play opposite of Gamble and sign Laron Landry in free agency to be our Donte Whitner. That would be a pretty scary defense. Signing Laron Landry won't happen though.

#44 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

A very big NT, Draft Coples, Get a Corner to play opposite of Gamble and sign Laron Landry in free agency to be our Donte Whitner. That would be a pretty scary defense. Signing Laron Landry won't happen though.

Please stop with Coples thing. He sucks even UNC fans feel like this. He does more whodini's then Pep with none of Pep's talent. I hope we are not the team that falls for that trap.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,664 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I did get pretty tired of seeing Carlos Rogers highlights this year after our FO said "There are no CBs available different than what we have"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com