Photo
- - - - -

How far are we from getting Our defense to play Like San Fran?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

"So, we are a FS, OLB, and OT away from being good. A pass rushing DE, veteran DT, and a top WR would be nice. I have a feeling you didn't read this far, though."- MHS831

I read every word. I agree 100%. Biggest needs are 1.FS, 2.OLB, and 3.OT. I do think if we got a stud pass rushing DE we could make do with Thomas Davis, if healthy, or Senn or Connor (if they resign him). Hogan at CB might actually be good (who knows, but he looked good in the 2 games he played.)

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

last year we had the worst offense in the league but the defense was ok. what did people want to do? use the first pick in the draft on defense. yeah...that made sense.

this year we have the worst defense in the league but a really good offense and what do people want to do? draft offense with the first pick in the draft.

smh.

#63 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Both the Giants and the Niners prove that it is all about the front four.

We have one piece out of four on our d-line that is above average.

The other three spots need to be seriously looked at and evaluated.

So true. All the linebackers and CBs in the world can't mask crap d-line play; which is precisely what we are going to have if we don't make major changes.

#64 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

What a random team...since when is SF the standard for defense.

49ers D has been good for a few years now, not elite, but good. Their offense has always held them back.

New coach, a dominant rookie, a few FA additions and BAM, they are the new standard.

#65 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

The 49ers have had years of top draft picks. Goose made a comment about how fast their D was during the game. If anything the Texans D is more of a wonder than the 49ers. They seemed to become all world overnight.

#66 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush.

Look what they did to Brees with a constant pass rush. Look at what the Giants are doing. Look at the Lions and the games their Dline has won them.

Just have to load up on guys you can cycle in and out a lot, or get 2 ( assuming TD is not back 85-100% ) pass rush LBs that are nightmares in a blitz.

and then a safety that is not Martin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com