#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

http://vocalminority...ation-game.html

Clay Waters at Times Watch notices an interesting distinction between the coverage of two Congressional scandals, both from yesterday’s NY Times:

Here’s the first story:

Investigators Take Closer Look at Rep. Jackson in Blagojevich Case
By SUSAN SAULNY and CHRISTOPHER DREW Published: April 13, 2009

Para. #1:
CHICAGO — Representative Jesse L. Jackson Jr. went to see the Illinois governor in December to press for an appointment to the United States Senate seat being vacated by Barack Obama. Mr. Jackson took along a black binder filled with letters of support, poll numbers and lists of his accomplishments over 13 years in Congress.

Para. #2:
By dawn the next morning, the governor, Rod R. Blagojevich, was under arrest and accused of trying to sell his appointment to the seat. And Mr. Jackson landed in his own political hot seat as federal prosecutors revealed wiretap evidence that one of his fund-raisers had promised to raise $1.5 million for Mr. Blagojevich in exchange for the appointment.

Para. #3:
Mr. Jackson asserts he has done nothing wrong and had not known about the fund-raiser’s activities. But with new indications that federal prosecutors and Congressional ethics investigators are stepping up their interest in Mr. Jackson, a nagging question follows him: Was that December meeting with Mr. Blagojevich a good-faith effort to land the Senate job or a charade to conceal behind-the-scenes maneuvers with Mr. Blagojevich to pay to play?

Para. #4:
Federal prosecutors would not comment on the investigation, but lawyers who are familiar with it said Mr. Jackson was pressed earlier this month about his contacts with Mr. Blagojevich, who has since been removed from office and indicted on racketeering and other charges. Prosecutors want to know whether Mr. Jackson had initiated any deals with Mr. Blagojevich or his staff, the lawyers said, and whether he knew that anyone was working on his behalf to secure the seat.

Para. #5:
Blah blah blah blah ...

Para. #6:
Blah blah blah blah ...

Para. #7:
Blah blah blah blah ...

Para. #8:
Blah blah blah blah ...

Para. #9:
Mr. Jackson, a Democrat, …

Oh, he’s a Democrat. Well, that’s interesting. Is it an important aspect to the story? Maybe, maybe not.

Here’s the other story:

Fossella to Serve 5 Days After Drunken Driving Plea
By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ Published: April 13, 2009
Para. #1:
Former Representative Vito J. Fossella, a once-rising star in the New York Republican Party, pleaded guilty on Monday to drunken driving charges in Virginia and will serve a mandatory sentence of five days in jail.

Yes, you read that right: The subject of the Democrat scandal gets his part affiliation mentioned in the 9th paragraph, while the subject of the Republican scandal gets his part affiliation mentioned in the 1st.

More at the link.

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

meanwhile, on fox news, they would've called them both democrats.

Posted Image

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

I think they apologized for that...NYTimes never apologizes for this nonsense.

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,496 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

#5 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I don't understand the outrage. You're concerned that Jesse Jackson Jr might be confused with a republican?

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

lol. like it matters if they issue one of their standard "we're sorry if you think we're wrong" apologies. they get their point across.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

You talking to rodeo?

Since he referenced Foley...the gay dude? Seems like an honest mistake Fox made. Gay dude...democrat. Makes sense.

mmmbeans...you don't see the reporting method NYTimes uses?

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

lol. like it matters if they issue one of their standard "we're sorry if you think we're wrong" apologies. they get their point across.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

other than the libby thingy...those are RINOs anyway and voted mostly with democrats. Common mistake. Again...***** congressman...RINOs...you're not helping your point.

Fox made errors. NYTimes isn't making a factual error...it's a style of writing which masks the party affiliation EXCEPT when they see a republican in the news and want to emphasize party affiliation.

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

You talking to rodeo?

Since he referenced Foley...the gay dude? Seems like an honest mistake Fox made. Gay dude...democrat. Makes sense.

mmmbeans...you don't see the reporting method NYTimes uses?

Do you even read the New York times, or do you simply read ABOUT the New York Times? If this is propaganda, it's very very poor.

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

Do you even read the New York times, or do you simply read ABOUT the New York Times? If this is propaganda, it's very very poor.

Online I do...and I read the N&O when it's free and they do the same thing, just not as bad. The N&O had other subtle ways. They take pictures of republicans while they're speaking and catch them mid-word when the mouth is contorted or wide open and use that as the article pic. Nothing big...just subtle.

If you ever get to Raleigh...go into the N&O and read the little plaque they have in the front lobby.

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Online I do...and I read the N&O when it's free and they do the same thing, just not as bad. The N&O had other subtle ways. They take pictures of republicans while they're speaking and catch them mid-word when the mouth is contorted or wide open and use that as the article pic. Nothing big...just subtle.

If you ever get to Raleigh...go into the N&O and read the little plaque they have in the front lobby.

why don't you just tell me what it says?

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

why don't you just tell me what it says?

It's been years since I've been there...so I'll have to go back by to re-read it to make sure I have it right. This was late 90s that I was there....but I do live in Raleigh. Maybe someone here is employed there and know what I'm talking about.

#13 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

seems like fox makes a WHOLE lot of 'common mistakes' while organizations you deem liberal always do things intentionally. that's a very convenient worldview you've got there.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

seems like fox makes a WHOLE lot of 'common mistakes' while organizations you deem liberal always do things intentionally. that's a very convenient worldview you've got there.

Yeah...because the NYTimes never retracts or prints a correction.

Why are you so willingly ignorant, rodeo?

Like I said...the writing style IS intentional...not a mistake. Did you even read the link?

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Yeah...because the NYTimes never retracts or prints a correction.

http://www.nytimes.c...orrections.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.