Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

1st time home buyer - need help

60 posts in this topic

I need suggestions. In regards to a loan and anything else I need to know to make a wise decision. I'm planning on buying my first house sometime this year and I do not want to deal with any surprises. Any suggestions?

I would buy a foreclosured property and take out a construction loan as well to fix it up if you can get approved for both at good rates. Wish thats what I would have done 2 years ago. especially if you can do minor projects yourself.

I want to put 0% down on my house and just do monthly payments. What loan is a way to go?

I couldn't get 100% financing and I don't think theyre to common anymore. I had to put around 3% down. Just make sure you have to pay no closing costs as part of the purchasing agreement.

Also I think the mostly do fixed rates now no more arm poo anymore. The rates are so low now even if you can get an arm dont.

1 person likes this

I should be approved for $200,000 loan. My wife to be and I both got good jobs. I don't want to put anything down because I'm getting married and wedding will cost me plus I want to have few K on my bank account.

Good luck with the 0% I didnt have any. The one think I've seen is some housing companies selling brand new houses offering 100% financing. You may get approved for a lot but they will approve you for way more then you can afford. stay at least 10-20k less then what they approve you for. I got approved for like 180k which was ridiculous and id be out on the street if I spent that much.

Good luck with the 0% I didnt have any. The one think I've seen is some housing companies selling brand new houses offering 100% financing. You may get approved for a lot but they will approve you for way more then you can afford. stay at least 10-20k less then what they approve you for. I got approved for like 180k which was ridiculous and id be out on the street if I spent that much.

I want to get a loan for about $200k. I should be able to afford it. Thanks for the help. Rep.

I got a 100% USDA loan, but there are a bunch of eligibility requirements and it has to be in a rural environment. Also there are limits on the amount of the loan. In my county it is like 170,000.

This is a good website that gives info about the USDA loans, but I am pretty sure it is not affiliated with the actual program so don't give them any of your info:

http://usdaloanapproval.com/

It's definitely a time to buy provided you don't have anything to sell. I wish I would have waited another year, but that 8 grand was to good to pass up.