116 replies to this topic

#76 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

ah well; maybe he can be signed for cheaper. Wouldn't be the first big time CB who smoked jeeba.

That said, give me Devon still

#77 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

If he falls to the 2nd because of this, I would be happy if we drafted him. I don't want him in the 1st though and it has nothing to do with him being dumb enough to get caught with a harmless, albeit illegal, substance.

#78 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

funny how people look down on that and will take a drink in the same breath.. pure ignorance.

Drinking = legal
Weed = not legal

In general, it's dumb to do illegal stuff when your a highly regarded NFL draft prospect. It's not the weed that bothers teams, it's the fact that this kid has so little self discipline and impulse control that he can't avoid breaking the law when he knows his whole life is under a microscope right now.

#79 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,032 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

tobacco is legal, weed is illegel.

http://t3.gstatic.co...hDJy93G91il84-6

#80 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

tobacco is legal, weed is illegel.

http://t3.gstatic.co...hDJy93G91il84-6

I agree that it's silly, but the kid knows it's illegal and still couldn't help himself?

That has to give you pause when you're considering using a valuable draft pick on someone and handing them millions of dollars with the belief that they will do the right thing...

#81 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Drinking = legal
Weed = not legal

In general, it's dumb to do illegal stuff when your a highly regarded NFL draft prospect. It's not the weed that bothers teams, it's the fact that this kid has so little self discipline and impulse control that he can't avoid breaking the law when he knows his whole life is under a microscope right now.

You've got to be kidding me after the 50 different ways I've explained this.

#82 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

You've got to be kidding me after the 50 different ways I've explained this.

I think his point is right on the money. Smoking weed isn't worth the risk and he made a very poor decision. He should be grilled on that until he proves otherwise. It worked for Newton.

#83 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:15 AM

I think his point is right on the money. Smoking weed isn't worth the risk and he made a very poor decision. He should be grilled on that until he proves otherwise. It worked for Newton.

:lol:

#84 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

If I had a interview for a job that is paying me money that will get me set for life, you actually think I would be worrying about smoking weed? He is showing poor judgement on his part and the fact that smoking weed is illegal in most states, and prohibited in the NFL is a concern.

#85 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

I don't get it. Care to explain?

Edited by bleys, 18 January 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#86 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

I don't get it. Care to explain?

Obviously his urge to give into his habit(smoking weed) outweighs him getting millions of dollars. To do this pre-draft is just dumb.

Edited by jtgreensboro, 18 January 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#87 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Obviously his urge to give in into his habit(smoking weed) outweighs him getting millions of dollars. To do this pre-draft is just dumb.

That makes absolutely no sense..

#88 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Is there a reason that he SHOULD be smoking weed before he is recruited for his career that could give him financial security for life even if he only plays for a few years?

I can think of several reasons he SHOULDN'T.

Anybody that can't put down a joint for a few months is either stupid or genuinely addicted.

#89 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

Is there a reason that he SHOULD be smoking weed before he is recruited for his career that could give him financial security for life even if he only plays for a few years?

I can think of several reasons he SHOULDN'T.

Anybody that can't put down a joint for a few months is either stupid or genuinely addicted.

Who are you trying to convince, you or me?

#90 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

A police report said Kirkpatrick was a passenger in a truck driven by another former Alabama player, Christopher Airreun Rogers, 25, of Baltimore, Md., who police stopped for driving on the wrong side of the road. A dog detected the presence of drugs, the report said, and an officer found marijuana on the floorboard of the passenger side at Kirkpatrick’s feet.

Rogers told police he purchased the marijuana at a house and was charged with a drug offense.

Kirkpatrick told officers he was in the car when the drugs were purchased by another person, but he didn’t realize at the time what was being bought, the report said.

????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.