Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Opportunity

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was offered a position on a Semi-pro football team in my city called the Valdosta Hawks as a FB/LB/G/Gunner on special teams. Based on practice so far they've told me I may start at FB/G/ or LB but if I start both offense and Defense I can't play gunner which blows ( favorite position ) but oh well. Figured i'd share .. I thought it was cool as shit :p
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Sounds like fun. Good luck

Posted · Report post

Cool, wish I were still able to play. Absolutely the funnest sport I ever played, knowing most all the other guys in the league made it that much more fun.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CoolPepper']Cool, wish I were still able to play. Absolutely the funnest sport I ever played, knowing most all the other guys in the league made it that much more fun.[/QUOTE]

The conditioning we are going through right now is probably the worst physical pain i've experienced in a long time .. but I wouldn't trade it for anything right now .. it's just awesome to give everything I have and not feel any regrets. Which makes me wonder why some NFL players feel as entitled as they do. Play for the love of the game the paycheck is a bonus!

When I left highschool I never thought i'd be able to play ever again.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mvp2011']Sounds like fun. Good luck[/QUOTE]

Posted · Report post

They've got a piece of crap facebook page if anyone wants to keep up with us :p [url]http://www.facebook.com/Valdostahawks[/url]

Posted · Report post

I can be an assistant coach right?

Posted · Report post

I have never seen a G be a gunner.

Weird.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thefuzz']I have never seen a G be a gunner.

Weird.[/QUOTE]

I have sneaky speed. At 5'11 230 I can hit 4.6 on a decent day and i dont play guys that dance .. ill wait till they finish there little 2 step attempt to fake me out then ill get ahold of them.

Posted · Report post

Good luck dude, sounds pretty awesome.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dock']I can be an assistant coach right?[/QUOTE]

:biggrinjester: Hell if I know .. I do know we will probably lose every game the 1st year because of how shitty of a job they did marketing the team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCMunnerlyn1']:biggrinjester: Hell if I know .. I do know we will probably lose every game the 1st year because of how pooty of a job they did marketing the team.[/QUOTE]

If that happens, you guys will have a better spot in next year's draft. Correct?

Congrats, that is pretty cool.