Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Opportunity

70 posts in this topic

Posted

I was offered a position on a Semi-pro football team in my city called the Valdosta Hawks as a FB/LB/G/Gunner on special teams. Based on practice so far they've told me I may start at FB/G/ or LB but if I start both offense and Defense I can't play gunner which blows ( favorite position ) but oh well. Figured i'd share .. I thought it was cool as poo :p

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds like fun. Good luck

Posted

Cool, wish I were still able to play. Absolutely the funnest sport I ever played, knowing most all the other guys in the league made it that much more fun.

Posted

Cool, wish I were still able to play. Absolutely the funnest sport I ever played, knowing most all the other guys in the league made it that much more fun.

The conditioning we are going through right now is probably the worst physical pain i've experienced in a long time .. but I wouldn't trade it for anything right now .. it's just awesome to give everything I have and not feel any regrets. Which makes me wonder why some NFL players feel as entitled as they do. Play for the love of the game the paycheck is a bonus!

When I left highschool I never thought i'd be able to play ever again.

Posted

Sounds like fun. Good luck

Posted

They've got a piece of crap facebook page if anyone wants to keep up with us :p http://www.facebook.com/Valdostahawks

Posted

I can be an assistant coach right?

Posted

I have never seen a G be a gunner.

Weird.

Posted

I have never seen a G be a gunner.

Weird.

I have sneaky speed. At 5'11 230 I can hit 4.6 on a decent day and i dont play guys that dance .. ill wait till they finish there little 2 step attempt to fake me out then ill get ahold of them.

Posted

Good luck dude, sounds pretty awesome.

Posted

I can be an assistant coach right?

:biggrinjester: Hell if I know .. I do know we will probably lose every game the 1st year because of how shitty of a job they did marketing the team.

Posted

:biggrinjester: Hell if I know .. I do know we will probably lose every game the 1st year because of how pooty of a job they did marketing the team.

If that happens, you guys will have a better spot in next year's draft. Correct?

Congrats, that is pretty cool.