Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jangler

Newt projected winner in SC

72 posts in this topic

each state decides. Last I heard, SC was still winner take all.

actually one person on CNN disagreed and said that everything before april splits the delegates.

I don't know what to think anymore...

Jase are you answering yourself again? Did you take your meds?

Seriously, though... lol.

Newt? If Newt fuging Gingrich actually wins the republican nomination... wow. I don't even know what to say in response to this development and the potential it has to actually launch Newt Gingrich into the G.O.P. nomination.

Every democratic strategist in the country right now is salivating at the prospect of Newt as the nominee. I'd ask if republican voters were really this crazy/dumb, but these are the same folks who booed a soldier on national TV and cheered the prospect of a poor person dying because they can't afford health insurance.

Not to mention, you know, the tea party.

As far as the democrats go, they have a set of attacks ready for any candidate put forth by the Repubs. You don't have to swallow it hook line and sinker however. They have their lines on Romney and Gingrich already, just think what their lines would be on Paul if he were closer to the top.

Surprising turnaround for Newt, he appeared to be dead a couple of weeks ago.

Fwiw, I still doubt he will win the nomination. But it might be a good thing in the long run if he does. He would likely lose badly against Obama, and that might finally end the Tea Party's influence.

If Ron Pauls foreign policy was somewhere near sanity, the tea party faithful would be flocking to him and we would have a whole new conversation going on.

1 person likes this

If Ron Pauls foreign policy was somewhere near sanity, the tea party faithful would be flocking to him and we would have a whole new conversation going on.

Perhaps, but if he did change his foreign policy views, it would cause him to lose some of his appeal with the group that is devoted to him.

Perhaps, but if he did change his foreign policy views, it would cause him to lose some of his appeal with the group that is devoted to him.

this is very true. many people are attracted to his outlook on foreign policy. perhaps not as many as he'd gain if he switched, but I think if he switched now he'd lose just as many for "flip flopping."

Both parties have learned not to challenge the incumbent with their prized canidate, the republicans will win control both the House and Senate after the upcoming election and Obama will be a lame duck president for at least 2 years. Then brace yourself for the return of Palin.... God help us.

Paul fans not happy with me I voted for Newt but if Mitt would have won Paul and the rest would be going home well he still might so anyway Paul fans should be happy Newt won.

I'm a Paul fan.

It's so exciting to see people vote not for people. Go democracy!

gingrich_newt_010212.jpg

Hey Newt, there's at least one supporter out there you won't have to consider for a Cabinet position if you're elected!

Anyone can vote in the SC primary, wonder how many Democrats voted for Newt? 99.9%?