Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Paterno has died...

325 posts in this topic

Posted

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue.

Yeah um except he did.

Posted

soooo is he dead yet? :3

Posted

It would only be fitting in my eyes that those that are spewing so much hatred toward Joe would be put in a similar situation. It would be a very difficult position to be in, and I don't believe anyone really knows how they would react until they are put in that situation themselves.

Yes he made one big mistake by not following up on Sandusky, but he also has contributed far more to charities and his community than most people will in a lifetime. It's far too easy to overlook all he has done due to one bad decision, and it definitely doesn't validate all the evil remarks he is receiving from some on this board while he is on his death bed.

really? u think thatd b fitting? fug what?? u do realize n this scheme of urs that more kids woyld b rapex? fugin unbelievable

Posted

fug that old rape enabling bastard. seriously.

Posted

fug that old rape enabling bastard. seriously.

finally some people with sense in here

Posted

I can't believe people are still defending JoePa's actions (or lack of action).

Posted

nothing good can come of this thread. it has nothing to do with he NFL, NFCS, or the panthers.

lock please? or move to tinderbox?

kind surprised the mods have let it go this far.

Posted

reading this thread has made one thing very obvious... people will defend anything or anyone for the sake of being contrary

Posted

I can't believe people are still defending JoePa's actions (or lack of action).
Even more incredible at this point is people trying to argue the amount of culpability he deserves....Face the facts people, JoPa was the most powerful individual at Penn State...bar none...He deserved to lose his job for failure to act to the situation as presented and was actually protected by the "chain of command" defense when it's more than obvious that he had the ultimate power in Happy Valley. All the same, he was actually never fired from Penn State...That is salt rubbed in wounds....

Posted

"Sure he enabled the rape of dozens of children, but he gave out $25 gift cards to Target to poor kids, so all in all he was a pretty cool dude.

Posted

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue. He reported the incident to his superiors (he was not told the graphic nature of what McQuery said he saw....and McQuery has confirmed this).

Should he have done more after finding out everything that was going on with Sandusky......absolutely. And JoePa felt the burden of his inactions. My wife's family knows the Paterna family personally. This tragedy absolutely destroyed the man. He cared more about the kids that he coached than winning ANY football game. If he had the opportunity to go back in time, he woudl have handled the situation VERY differently.

His biggest mistake was believing that his superiors would do the right thing. It was a HUGE mistake on his part and his legacy will pay for it.

I am not making excuses for his inaction. However, your classless comments are pathetic.

Couldn't agree more.

1 person likes this

Posted

panther17 approves strongly of child rape. Good to know

1 person likes this