Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Paterno has died...

325 posts in this topic

Posted

Cat'sGrowl please post a single study that shows an increase in cases of rape over the past 10 years that isn't from christfag.org

Posted

1. I've never seen a child being raped;

Then you and Paterno have something in common.

Posted

I've seen a grown man get raped in this thread.

Posted

I negged rep a few people in here yesterday. I apologize for letting my emotions on the matter affect my better judgement.

Posted

It's an untenable position to have to convince yourself that Joe wasn't as culpable as anyone in this thing not named Sandusky. Kids got hurt and Paterno did NOT act with the safety and welfare of the child/children in mind. Any argument to the contrary is weak.

He could have ended it. Yet this kid didn't get the help he needed and more kids got hurt (and hurt is a nice word for what really happened). From the time reported it to the time he gave the infamous interview, he was tragically in denial of it. His actions prove it. His words prove it. He minimized the tragedy by calling the young boy he knew was sexually abused a "man", and played naive about pedophilia rape, an absurdly futile and insulting position given the widespread knowledge of it. That's how he justified passing the buck. That's how the entire program was run. It should have stopped with him, but no one dared tell the King he had no clothing.

Posted

It's an untenable position to have to convince yourself that Joe wasn't as culpable as anyone in this thing not named Sandusky. Kids got hurt and Paterno did NOT act with the safety and welfare of the child/children in mind. Any argument to the contrary is weak.

He could have ended it. Yet this kid didn't get the help he needed and more kids got hurt (and hurt is a nice word for what really happened). From the time reported it to the time he gave the infamous interview, he was tragically in denial of it. His actions prove it. His words prove it. He minimized the tragedy by calling the young boy he knew was sexually abused a "man", and played naive about pedophilia rape, an absurdly futile and insulting position given the widespread knowledge of it. That's how he justified passing the buck. That's how the entire program was run. It should have stopped with him, but no one dared tell the King he had no clothing.

Were you one of those kids or something? Sandusky is the monster here. I don't see you spewing the same hatred for McQueary (who, in my opinion, deserves more than everyone not named Sandusky combined here), or for the people Paterno reported it to. Just Paterno. Sorry, but it's obvious you have an agenda here.

Posted

Husker has been just as hard on McQueery. But he didn't die yesterday.

Posted

Were you one of those kids or something? Sandusky is the monster here. I don't see you spewing the same hatred for McQueary (who, in my opinion, deserves more than everyone not named Sandusky combined here), or for the people Paterno reported it to. Just Paterno. Sorry, but it's obvious you have an agenda here.

I know it's a race to the lowest common denominator with you most times, but do you really need to hear my opinion of Sandusky? I've said plenty about McQueary as well in other threads, but I can go over it again in the thread about his death if you'd like when that day comes. But I don't remember him building an entire career based on morals and ethics of which it turns out he's evidently completely devoid of them both like Paterno.

I've been a critic of Paterno long before this news became public. His last 15 years have been nothing short of arguably the most selfish behavior in the history of college athletics. And this news on top of it just amplifies it exponentially.

Posted

Husker is 100% spot on with this one.

paterno was the most powerful man in PA, seriously, and he could have actually made a difference in the lives of children.

Not in the "coaching up guys that will eventually be fine on their own anyway" kind of way, but in a real, underprivileged and at risk kind of way.

Instead, he did the bare minimum, in hopes of it all going away and not hurting the program.

He was a despicable human being because of his choices, and one has to wonder if one of the boys happened to be his grandson...would he have done the same?

Sold his "soul" for PSU football?

Whatever, he's gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know it's a race to the lowest common denominator with you most times, but do you really need to hear my opinion of Sandusky? I've said plenty about McQueary as well in other threads, but I can go over it again in the thread about his death if you'd like when that day comes. But I don't remember him building an entire career based on morals and ethics of which it turns out he's evidently completely devoid of them both like Paterno.

I've been a critic of Paterno long before this news became public. His last 15 years have been nothing short of arguably the most selfish behavior in the history of college athletics. And this news on top of it just amplifies it exponentially.

There you go....you admit that you had an issue with Paterno long before any of this broke. You hate Penn State...you hate Paterno....got it.

Posted

I hate enablers of child rape.