Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Paterno has died...

325 posts in this topic

Posted

RIP Joe Pa.... For an 85 year old to go through what he went through over the past 6 months is VERY tough.

Posted

You sir are the one supporting a guy who was cool with child rape. I'm ashamed to be a fan of the same NFL team as you. If you don't know for a fact you would do everything in your power to stop a guy raping children you need to take a long look at what type of person you have become.

I highly doubt he was "cool with child rape." There is no evidence that he was "cool with child rape." Not doing enough, perhaps living in denial, yes, but let's be clear that what Joe Pa did wrong here (and it was wrong from everything we understand) was inaction and not following up on what he had done, not his approval of what Sandusky did. This entire incident is one person after another passing the buck, and they all deserve blame for it... but to say they were "cool" with it distorts the truth in a way that really is unfair.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry but dieing of old age> being raped by and old man

Posted

RIP Joe Pa.... For an 85 year old to go through what he went through over the past 6 months is VERY tough.

I'd have to guess that it was still more enjoyable than an old man's cock in your ass.

Posted

What a shitty situation

Posted

I'd have to guess that it was still more enjoyable than an old man's cock in your ass.

:lol:

Posted

Rip joe pa

1 person likes this

Posted

Joe didn't rape any kids.

Posted

Imagine if someone makes these accusations against one of your best friends for years. If you go to the police and it turns out it wasn't correct, you lose your friend and tarnish the image of Penn State over nothing as well as possible firings. Even going to the police in the first place could do all of that. Paterno did what he was supposed to. Go to the authorities above him. If nothing happened after that point, one would think that the accusations were false. In retrospect he can regret not doing more after more people started coming forward. In retrospect others can be mad at him for not doing more. But retrospect is a bitch. No one knows what they would actually do in a situation like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Joe didn't rape any kids.

I know. This is what I was responding to.

Posted

Imagine if someone makes these accusations against one of your best friends for years. If you go to the police and it turns out it wasn't correct, you lose your friend and tarnish the image of Penn State over nothing as well as possible firings. Even going to the police in the first place could do all of that. Paterno did what he was supposed to. Go to the authorities above him. If nothing happened after that point, one would think that the accusations were false. In retrospect he can regret not doing more after more people started coming forward. In retrospect others can be mad at him for not doing more. But retrospect is a bitch. No one knows what they would actually do in a situation like that.

I think it was in his last interview...he said he never was friends with Sandusky. In any case...yes it is a tough situation...and tough to do the right thing. That does not absolve anyone of not doing the right thing. (Many people, not just Paterno.)

Posted

Sad to hear about anyone passing. My prayers go to his family and friends, who I know are having a hard time with this.

My thoughts on this situation: I just hope all these people in the "second chances", and "you dont know what you would have done if you were in the situation" crowd, have the same feelings when some of these athletes get in trouble. Gotta be consistent.