321 replies to this topic

#226 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Husker is 100% spot on with this one.

paterno was the most powerful man in PA, seriously, and he could have actually made a difference in the lives of children.

Not in the "coaching up guys that will eventually be fine on their own anyway" kind of way, but in a real, underprivileged and at risk kind of way.

Instead, he did the bare minimum, in hopes of it all going away and not hurting the program.

He was a despicable human being because of his choices, and one has to wonder if one of the boys happened to be his grandson...would he have done the same?

Sold his "soul" for PSU football?

Whatever, he's gone.

#227 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

I know it's a race to the lowest common denominator with you most times, but do you really need to hear my opinion of Sandusky? I've said plenty about McQueary as well in other threads, but I can go over it again in the thread about his death if you'd like when that day comes. But I don't remember him building an entire career based on morals and ethics of which it turns out he's evidently completely devoid of them both like Paterno.

I've been a critic of Paterno long before this news became public. His last 15 years have been nothing short of arguably the most selfish behavior in the history of college athletics. And this news on top of it just amplifies it exponentially.

There you go....you admit that you had an issue with Paterno long before any of this broke. You hate Penn State...you hate Paterno....got it.

#228 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

I hate enablers of child rape.

#229 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

There you go....you admit that you had an issue with Paterno long before any of this broke. You hate Penn State...you hate Paterno....got it.

And everything I believed to be true ended up coming to fruition in spades. All of my notions were proven to be 100% correct. And doesn't my admission just prove more that I have nothing to hide as far as an agenda? I'd pie myself if I wasn't so goddamned humble.

Meanwhile you went to school there and cannot make one valid criticism against anything I've said.

Again, who has the bias?

#230 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

And everything I believed to be true ended up coming to fruition in spades. All of my notions were proven to be 100% correct. And doesn't my admission just prove more that I have nothing to hide as far as an agenda? I'd pie myself if I wasn't so goddamned humble.

Meanwhile you went to school there and cannot make one valid criticism against anything I've said.

Again, who has the bias?

You.

#231 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

paterno was the most powerful man in PA, seriously, and he could have actually made a difference in the lives of children.

No he wasn't. Geez.

#232 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Nuh huh.

#233 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Again, who has the bias?

Well that explains everything now.

#234 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

McQueary himself has stated that he DID NOT tell Paterno the graphic nature of what he saw....only that he saw something that made him feel uncomfortable and that "appeared" to be of a sexual nature. Paterno then forwarded this information to the HEAD OF CAMPUS POLICE. That is what he was supposed to do.

Paterno was a football coach. He was not equiped nor had the authority to investigate allegations of wrongdoing on the campus....that is left to the authorities. And those authorities (first step) wer Campus Police and the Head of Campus Police.

Was it Paterno's responsibility to ensure that the approporiate level of investigation was performed by those who had the responsibility and jobs to perform the investigate? Realistically, no. But, hindsight says that you should never leave this up to someone else.

Do I believe that it was the right thing for Penn State to fire Paterno? Yes. They made a statement that the university held its staff and representatives to a HIGHER standard than the law.

Do I believe that he did enough with what he knew? No....I hold people to a morla standard related to certain things, not just a legal one. And my wife and I have had several arguements about this because she is an absolute Paterno supporter.

Do I believe that Paterno knowlingly allowed a predator to continue to victimize kids? Absolutely not.

As far as your ASSUMPTIONS as to why Paterno did not show up to for Sandusky's dinner, they are nothing more than ASSUMPTIONS. Fact is that Paterno was NOT friends with Sandusky and did NOT like him. They did not associate with each other off the football field. Paterno was not involved in Sandusky's personal life, nor did he want to. Had nothing to do with knowing anything, he NEVER liked Sandusky.....from the very beginning of their coaching tenure together.

lol

#235 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Paterno WAS NOT aware of anything from the 1999 allegations.

lol

#236 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

You have to remember, Husker and Gazivicious and Claws have all lived morally perfect lives.

What kills me is that Paterno did something. He may not have done enough, but he did SOMETHING. If all he was concerned about was his legacy, blah blah blah, he would have thanked McQueary and that would have been the end of it.

What happened to those kids is terrible. The person who did it to them, and ruined countless other lives of people associated with him, should be fried.

lol

#237 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue. He reported the incident to his superiors (he was not told the graphic nature of what McQuery said he saw....and McQuery has confirmed this).

Should he have done more after finding out everything that was going on with Sandusky......absolutely. And JoePa felt the burden of his inactions. My wife's family knows the Paterna family personally. This tragedy absolutely destroyed the man. He cared more about the kids that he coached than winning ANY football game. If he had the opportunity to go back in time, he woudl have handled the situation VERY differently.

His biggest mistake was believing that his superiors would do the right thing. It was a HUGE mistake on his part and his legacy will pay for it.

I am not making excuses for his inaction. However, your classless comments are pathetic.

lolololololololol

#238 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

See Husker, this is still the difference between you and I.

I actually waited until actual evidence comes out to make an informed conclusion...while you used your biases and hatred of Penn State to jump to a conclusion that was based on nothing.

Just because you appear to have been correct....it does not make your logic and process any less flawed.

Do the apparent e-mails and new information disgust me and piss me off about Joe-Pa? Absolutely. But again, the fact that you jumped to conclusions with ZERO evidence or support does not make you any less of an idiot.

#239 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

I just go back to the fact that the guy was a freakin' GOD in the state, and certainly ruled "happy" valley and knew everything about everything....

Those that say he didn't haven't been there.

#240 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,219 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Mad hatter was wrong? Alert the presses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.