• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#61 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

i can't believe anyone still watches that joke of a show.

hasn't been worth watching for years and years.

I just had it going in the background, wasn't really paying much attention.

#62 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,073 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

so is he dead?

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

not yet. ask again tomorrow.

#64 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

not yet. ask again tomorrow.

Its like asking the Magic 8 ball

#65 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image

#66 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks for the scoop, stirs. Good grief.

#67 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

I remember listening to the radio when the whole Jerry Sandusky thing broke and Penn State students rioted when Joe was fired. They did an over under on if he'd live another year. I thought it was in bad taste, but when you take something so important to someone out of their life, they lose their fight to live. I'm sure this whole situation has put major stress on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it another year. No matter what your opinion of Joe Paterno, the guy did a lot of good things that outweigh the bad.

#68 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

It would only be fitting in my eyes that those that are spewing so much hatred toward Joe would be put in a similar situation. It would be a very difficult position to be in, and I don't believe anyone really knows how they would react until they are put in that situation themselves.

Yes he made one big mistake by not following up on Sandusky, but he also has contributed far more to charities and his community than most people will in a lifetime. It's far too easy to overlook all he has done due to one bad decision, and it definitely doesn't validate all the evil remarks he is receiving from some on this board while he is on his death bed.

Really? You think you might be capable of hearing that little boys are being raped and being okay with it? It's terrifying that people like you are allowed to run free.

#69 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

I remember listening to the radio when the whole Jerry Sandusky thing broke and Penn State students rioted when Joe was fired. They did an over under on if he'd live another year. I thought it was in bad taste, but when you take something so important to someone out of their life, they lose their fight to live. I'm sure this whole situation has put major stress on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it another year. No matter what your opinion of Joe Paterno, the guy did a lot of good things that outweigh the bad.

If the Sandusky story is true and it cetainly seems like it is, and Paterno turned a blind eye to it which seems likely, I'm sorry that outweighs everything he did for the good, and it's not even close.

#70 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

If the Sandusky story is true and it cetainly seems like it is, and Paterno turned a blind eye to it which seems likely, I'm sorry that outweighs everything he did for the good, and it's not even close.

Nobody's perfect. Take any great person in history and you'll find something they failed to do and probably aren't too proud of. The whole situation should have been solved when the shower incident was reported, something doesn't add up. There's probably a lot more to the story we don't know yet, so I can't say how badly they failed. It seems there was a cover up and I'd wager that lots of money came into play and law enforcement may have helped in keeping it buried. I just feel for all the opportunities Joe Paterno's work at Penn State has opened for students and the people he's had an impact on matter even when staring down this horrible story.

#71 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

So when he dies, do we bump this thread or start a new one?

#72 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

You think they would edit the title since he isn't dead yet.

#73 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Seriously?

#74 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Zombie Pa!

#75 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

Really? You think you might be capable of hearing that little boys are being raped and being okay with it? It's terrifying that people like you are allowed to run free.

Don't attempt to act like you know me by trying to judge my character. You sir are the one celebrating the death of a man that has given more to his community than most will in their life time.

All I'm saying is that it would be an extremely difficult situation to be in to hear, what was a rumor at the time, that your friend of 30 years was molesting children.

I certainly would hope that I would do more than what Joe did, but until you are put in that situation I don't believe there is a person here that can say for certain what their actions would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com