321 replies to this topic

#76 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

It is easier to have him on ignore. He's been on it for awhile for me.

#77 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

ESPN reporting he has died.

#78 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

really is dead now.

#79 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RAGE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Just got an ESPN text update saying he passed.

Rest in peace.

Would love to see the Board of Trustees at Penn State charged with murder, but that's just how I feel. :(

#80 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

Rest in peace.

Would love to see the Board of Trustees at Penn State charged with murder, but that's just how I feel. :(

The whole thing is a tragedy. As much as Paterno did, what he did not do was his downfall.

The stress of the scandal may or may not have accelerated his death. But he was responsible for that, not the Board.

That being said....the death of anyone is a sad thing. A great loss for his family and all who loved him.

Edited by ladypanther, 22 January 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#81 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

RIP Joe

#82 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Joe Paterno, the longtime Penn State coach who won more games than anyone in major college football but was fired amid a child sex abuse scandal that scarred his reputation for winning with integrity, died Sunday. He was 85.

http://news.yahoo.co...50813--spt.html

#83 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

rip joe pa.

#84 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Don't attempt to act like you know me by trying to judge my character. You sir are the one celebrating the death of a man that has given more to his community than most will in their life time.

All I'm saying is that it would be an extremely difficult situation to be in to hear, what was a rumor at the time, that your friend of 30 years was molesting children.

I certainly would hope that I would do more than what Joe did, but until you are put in that situation I don't believe there is a person here that can say for certain what their actions would be.

Unfortunately, Joe's fall from grace didn't come from what he did for the Penn State Community. It came from what he allowed to go on for many years in other communities where those young boys, who Sandusky molested, resides.

Joe's story is a sad story of a man who had power given to him on every level but did nothing with it when faced with a dark and dirty secret. His image and the image of the school meant more to him than the welfare of those young boys. Maybe it's because many of those kids actually didn't live in the Penn State University Community. And like everything else about this sordid story, what Sandusky was doing could easily be brushed under the carpet and ignored because many of those kids didn't even have a face or name. When Sandusky was finished with them, no one heard from them again.

Anyway, God has called Joe home, so he is the only one Joe has to now answer too when that time comes.

R.I.P Joe.

#85 BHiott

BHiott

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yesterday all I could think of was that "Monty Python Holy Grail - Bring out your dead" skit.

I guess CBS actually had the scoop, just a day early.

Condolences to the Paterno family.

#86 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Don't attempt to act like you know me by trying to judge my character. You sir are the one celebrating the death of a man that has given more to his community than most will in their life time.

All I'm saying is that it would be an extremely difficult situation to be in to hear, what was a rumor at the time, that your friend of 30 years was molesting children.

I certainly would hope that I would do more than what Joe did, but until you are put in that situation I don't believe there is a person here that can say for certain what their actions would be.

You sir are the one supporting a guy who was cool with child rape. I'm ashamed to be a fan of the same NFL team as you. If you don't know for a fact you would do everything in your power to stop a guy raping children you need to take a long look at what type of person you have become.

#87 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

#88 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

can we change the thread title out of respect please?

#89 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Rest in peace.

I'm down with that if you'll let JoePa be charged with kiddie rape posthumously.

Both make just as much sense.

#90 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Rest In Peace JoePa, I hate to see a great man go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.