• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#106 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

RIP Joe Pa.... For an 85 year old to go through what he went through over the past 6 months is VERY tough.

Sorry but dieing of old age> being raped by and old man

Joe didn't rape any kids.

I know. This is what I was responding to.

#107 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Imagine if someone makes these accusations against one of your best friends for years. If you go to the police and it turns out it wasn't correct, you lose your friend and tarnish the image of Penn State over nothing as well as possible firings. Even going to the police in the first place could do all of that. Paterno did what he was supposed to. Go to the authorities above him. If nothing happened after that point, one would think that the accusations were false. In retrospect he can regret not doing more after more people started coming forward. In retrospect others can be mad at him for not doing more. But retrospect is a bitch. No one knows what they would actually do in a situation like that.

I think it was in his last interview...he said he never was friends with Sandusky. In any case...yes it is a tough situation...and tough to do the right thing. That does not absolve anyone of not doing the right thing. (Many people, not just Paterno.)

Edited by ladypanther, 22 January 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#108 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Sad to hear about anyone passing. My prayers go to his family and friends, who I know are having a hard time with this.

My thoughts on this situation: I just hope all these people in the "second chances", and "you dont know what you would have done if you were in the situation" crowd, have the same feelings when some of these athletes get in trouble. Gotta be consistent.

#109 ironman99h

ironman99h

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

RIP Joe Paterno.
Trolls will be trolls, but have a little respect, quit being so self righteous, and blame the guy who actually did the crime and not everyone else in the organization. Joe wasn't a police officer. He wasn't an investigator. He told the authorities and it was up to them to follow up.

#110 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,655 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

The wrong coach died.

#111 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,866 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think it was in his last interview...he said he never was friends with Sandusky. In an case...yes it is a tough situation...and tough to do the right thing. That does not absolve anyone of not doing the right thing. (Many people, not just Paterno.)

You still have other people's jobs and the image of a major university in your hands and maybe all for nothing if it turned out to be not true. Paterno would be low on my list of people I should be angry with.

#112 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

RIP Joe Paterno.
Trolls will be trolls, but have a little respect, quit being so self righteous, and blame the guy who actually did the crime and not everyone else in the organization. Joe wasn't a police officer. He wasn't an investigator. He told the authorities and it was up to them to follow up.

People want to raise him up and others are going to tear him down. Sorry but for every "The BoT killed JoePa...We are Penn State" you are going to bring in more naysayers and "trolls"

#113 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

So.....any Catholics in this thread?

#114 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Born and raised Catholic....one of the reasons I stopped going was their handling of the child molestation cases. The venom spit towards the church should be the same thrown at PSU, JoePa and everyone involved.

#115 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

You still have other people's jobs and the image of a major university in your hands and maybe all for nothing if it turned out to be not true. Paterno would be low on my list of people I should be angry with.

I am not angry at Paterno. I am disappointed about the whole mess. He was a great coach who had a positive impact on many.

Those kids who have emotional scars that will never heal are who people should have been primarily concerned about. A lot of people let them down.

Again....this is a sad day for Paterno's family. The last couple of months was a nightmare no one could have ever imagined. I am sorry for their loss.

Edited by ladypanther, 22 January 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#116 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

U guys r telling me if someone knocked on your door right now and said they think they saw your dad raping a kid you would 100% believe him even thought he took the time to come to your house instead of using a phone to call the police? Yea... Right....

#117 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

RIP joe pa you are a legend

#118 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Rip

#119 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

U guys r telling me if someone knocked on your door right now and said they think they saw your dad raping a kid you would 100% believe him even thought he took the time to come to your house instead of using a phone to call the police? Yea... Right....

If I believed my fathers innocence I would do everything to make sure his name was cleared by having the charges investigated... and if found guilty he should be punished. Only following through to the fullest extent would have A)cleared sandusky or B) condemned and stopped him.

#120 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,375 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm down with that if you'll let JoePa be charged with kiddie rape posthumously.

Both make just as much sense.

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue. He reported the incident to his superiors (he was not told the graphic nature of what McQuery said he saw....and McQuery has confirmed this).

Should he have done more after finding out everything that was going on with Sandusky......absolutely. And JoePa felt the burden of his inactions. My wife's family knows the Paterna family personally. This tragedy absolutely destroyed the man. He cared more about the kids that he coached than winning ANY football game. If he had the opportunity to go back in time, he woudl have handled the situation VERY differently.

His biggest mistake was believing that his superiors would do the right thing. It was a HUGE mistake on his part and his legacy will pay for it.

I am not making excuses for his inaction. However, your classless comments are pathetic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.