• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#121 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue. He reported the incident to his superiors (he was not told the graphic nature of what McQuery said he saw....and McQuery has confirmed this).

Should he have done more after finding out everything that was going on with Sandusky......absolutely. And JoePa felt the burden of his inactions. My wife's family knows the Paterna family personally. This tragedy absolutely destroyed the man. He cared more about the kids that he coached than winning ANY football game. If he had the opportunity to go back in time, he woudl have handled the situation VERY differently.

His biggest mistake was believing that his superiors would do the right thing. It was a HUGE mistake on his part and his legacy will pay for it.

I am not making excuses for his inaction. However, your classless comments are pathetic.

Hey genius...

I was responding to the guy that said the Board of Trustees who removed JoePa should be charged with murder. I was saying that that comment was as ridiculous as charging JoePa for kiddie rape.

It's obvious you are a numbers guys because when it comes to reading comprehension you are nothing short of a complete maroon.

#122 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

If I believed my fathers innocence I would do everything to make sure his name was cleared by having the charges investigated... and if found guilty he should be punished. Only following through to the fullest extent would have A)cleared sandusky or B) condemned and stopped him.

It's easy to say when you don't have others jobs and a university's image to look after as well in this situation and maybe for nothing in the end.

#123 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

It's easy to say when you don't have others jobs and a university's image to look after as well in this situation and maybe for nothing in the end.

Which makes his inaction even worse!

#124 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Which makes his inaction even worse!

I don't see him going to the higher authorities as inaction. He did what he thought was right at the time.

#125 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

I don't see him going to the higher authorities as inaction. He did what he thought was right at the time.

He was the highest authority.

#126 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hey genius...

I was responding to the guy that said the Board of Trustees who removed JoePa should be charged with murder. I was saying that that comment was as ridiculous as charging JoePa for kiddie rape.

It's obvious you are a numbers guys because when it comes to reading comprehension you are nothing short of a complete maroon.

That coment was absolutely absurd. The Board of Trustees made a move that they believed was the right one for the university....which I agree with.

They needed to distance themselves from everyone involved with the scandal in an attempt to show the rest of the world that No One....including JoePa...is above the reputation of Penn State.

But, don't play innocent with me. This thread is chock full of insulting remarks that you made towards JoePa.....we know how you feel about him and the situation. Comparing what he did (reporting to his superior) to what the Catholic Church did (moving priests around from church to church to hide thie KNOWN actions) is a bit of a strech.

My reading comprehension is top notch....when I am actually reading something worthy of it. However, none of your posts qualify.

#127 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

He was the football coach....he was not in any authority over the legal actions at Penn State.

#128 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

lolwut

#129 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

That coment was absolutely absurd. The Board of Trustees made a move that they believed was the right one for the university....which I agree with.

They needed to distance themselves from everyone involved with the scandal in an attempt to show the rest of the world that No One....including JoePa...is above the reputation of Penn State.

But, don't play innocent with me. This thread is chock full of insulting remarks that you made towards JoePa.....we know how you feel about him and the situation. Comparing what he did (reporting to his superior) to what the Catholic Church did (moving priests around from church to church to hide thie KNOWN actions) is a bit of a strech.

My reading comprehension is top notch....when I am actually reading something worthy of it. However, none of your posts qualify.

I was responding to absurdity with....get this absurdity.

Someone else brought the Catholic Church into the discussion. I simply said that the same criticism that gets slung at the church should be slung at everyone at PSU.

My response about how horrible this must have been for him to endure gets my blood boiling when I think of what the victims have had to endure.

I'm glad you know what side of this I fall on. There's no grey area. I just wish more people were as appalled and mad as me.

Please make more excuses for him. Did I read that you gave him a time machine to go back in time? Of course he would seeing as it created a poo storm. Do you think he would go back in time if nothing ever surfaced? Didnt think so...

#130 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,304 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

He told those above him. If nothing happens after that, wouldn't you think that the accusations turned out to be not true? He did what he could do.

#131 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

lolwut

Name someone more powerful in Collegetown, Pa....go

#132 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

nailed it!

Posted Image

#133 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,476 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

You have officially taken classless to a whole new level....and that is sayign something for you.

JoePa DID NOT allow anything to continue.

Yeah um except he did.

#134 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

soooo is he dead yet? :3

#135 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

unfortunately he deserves the hatred that many feel for him. i don't share it, but i'm not going to condemn it.

i just hope that they (or i) never get put in that situation but if we do that we handle it better. we need to realize how strong that desire will be to sweep it under the rug or forget/pretend that something so despicable could ever happen before our eyes.

It would only be fitting in my eyes that those that are spewing so much hatred toward Joe would be put in a similar situation. It would be a very difficult position to be in, and I don't believe anyone really knows how they would react until they are put in that situation themselves.

Yes he made one big mistake by not following up on Sandusky, but he also has contributed far more to charities and his community than most people will in a lifetime. It's far too easy to overlook all he has done due to one bad decision, and it definitely doesn't validate all the evil remarks he is receiving from some on this board while he is on his death bed.

really? u think thatd b fitting? fug what?? u do realize n this scheme of urs that more kids woyld b rapex? fugin unbelievable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.